Chapter Nine.

G R A I Z E N 

    Well shit.

    I knew she would be, well confused, but I didn't think she would pass out.

    Is she alive?

    I poked her cheek, no reaction. My boot lightly nudged her side, as she rolled over. I stared down at her frail body in shock. Jax groaned as he slowly approached me, cracking his neck. My eyes went cold as my brother's footsteps stopped inches from mine. Rage was burning through my veins as I stared into his dark eyes. I felt utter betrayal in my stomach as I clenched my fists at my sides.

    "Graizen, I-"

    His words were cut off as my fist connected with his jaw. Satisfaction ran through me as pain shot up my hand. He instantly fell back to the ground, his eyes going wide. I felt a wave of adrenaline run through me as I grabbed him by the neck, slamming him against a tree. He let out a gasp as his arms clawed at me. Jax was pleading to me with his eyes as I held him by the throat.

    "Your soul mate dies, so you play house with her sister?"

    I gripped his throat harder, as blood dripped from my fingertips.

    "It's n-not like that, Graizen. You know it's not."

    He choked out, blood spilling from his mouth. I threw his body across the road. It violently crashed into the tree behind him, the bark cracking against him. I kicked him in his face with my boot, hearing a crack beneath it. Jax cried out, holding his hands up in defense.

    "I'm not going to fight you, brother."

    "Good." I smiled wickedly to him. "It'll make it easier to kill you then."

    As I approached him again, my body was lifted from the ground. It crashed against the rough road, as my head collided into it. An unfamiliar feeling fell over me as my body collapsed next to Devinthia. Her skin looked fake, resembling a porcelain doll. This girl couldn't be real. She mirrored a fallen angel, a look of pain across her face. I shook the strange feeling away as I pushed her body aside.

    "Don't touch her."

     Jax weakly stood up from the ground, charging at me. I let out a bored sigh as I punched his windpipe, sending him to the ground. My boot planted itself on his throat, trapping his body onto the ground.

    "So, you're in love with her? You're just going to forget about Freya?"

    I laughed to myself at the thought.

    "It's not like that, Graiz. You know how important she is. Devinthia needs to be protected. It won't be long until they find her and-"

    "Do not speak of them. You've been keeping her hidden away all this time. What did you plan to do? Settle down and marry her? You know what she is to me."

    Jax's eyes filled with humor as blood poured from his lips. His laughter filled the room, causing a chill to go up my spine.

    "Like you'll ever love her, Graizen. You're incapable of love and you know it."

    I stayed silent as he said this. He was right. I looked over to the unconscious girl on the ground. No matter what she is, no ounce of me will ever be able to love her. Even if it's written in the stars for us to be together, I could never feel anything for that girl. I lifted my boot from Jax's neck. He slowly recovered, spitting blood everywhere. I went to Devinthia, throwing her over my shoulder as if she were nothing.