Chapter Thirty-Eight.

D E V I N

"Graizen hasn't talked to me in days. Although, I don't think he's talked to anyone. I haven't even seen him. The only leadership we have right now is Locke. Graizen needs to come back. He's being so selfish. Abandoning us like this? Who does he think he is?"

I huffed out. I stared directly at Jax, who was fast asleep. I was mostly talking to myself. Even though it's quite therapeutic to rant to Jax. I wish he would answer me. I could really use his advice right now. I sighed as I held his hand. Part of me wanted to wake him up. To demand him to come back to us. I knew it didn't work like that. I gently squeezed his hand before heading out of the hospital. I made sure to lock the door behind me as I darted out of the house. Graizen needs to get over himself and be there for his people. I have purposely been avoiding Locke since the fight. Ryker told me his ego is higher than ever. He has taken over almost all the training classes and ordering everyone around. Rayner said he's acting more like a dictator than a leader. I still couldn't shake the image of him snapping Aphelia 's neck from my mind. Or, what he said to me afterwards.

Things are going to change around here, Devin.

A chill ran up my spine just thinking about it. Locke's whole persona has seemed to change these past few weeks. Graizen has to step in. Locke shouldn't have the power of leading this whole city all by himself. I took a deep breath as I approached the elevator doors. It was a long ride. Once it finally opened, I was greeted with the calming woods. It wasn't long before I found the small lake we had swam in last time.

My body relaxed as my eyes landed on Graizen. I should've known he had been spending most of his time here. Heat rose up my body as I took in his appearance. He was completely shirtless, the bottom half of him submerged into the water. His back was to me, as I eyed his muscles.

Damn.

Before I could process what I was doing, I slipped my pants off. My shirt followed behind it, as I found myself only in a sports bra and shorts. I closed my eyes as I dove into the water. My body was immediately greeted with coldness. The water became a freezing blanket around me. I took in a breath as my head came up for air. Silver eyes were instantly in my vision, right in front of me. I smiled as a shiver raked up my body.

"Cold?"

I shook my head as my whole body erupted in more shivers.

"N-No."

My lips quivered as they turned into a smile. Graizen mirrored the look I had on my face as I felt his arms bring my body to his. I gasped as our skin made contact. His arms wrapped around my torso, bringing us even closer.

"You seem to know how to swoon a girl." My voice dripped with sarcasm. Graizen could sense my uneasiness as he held onto me.

"You say that like I've had lots of experience with them." Graizen stated.

"Haven't you?" I let out a laugh. "I bet you've slept your way through the whole city by now."

Graizen pulled away as his smile dropped from his face. "And what makes you think that? I've never assumed that about you."

"Locke said-"

"Wait." Graizen cut me off. "You're going to believe what he says?"

I didn't say anything as he made his way out of the lake. His shorts were hanging low, droplets of water falling from them. I looked away as I got out of the water. I fumbled to find my clothes, pulling them over my body. I was instantly shivering once again, as my clothes became soaked. I felt a warm jacket being placed around my body, causing me to jump. The warmth from his jacket surrounded me. His smell hit me, as I allowed myself to relax into it.