Every Broken Part of Him. Chapter One.

Hello, all! Here is the first chapter of Vol. 2 of the series. Enjoy! 

~*~ 

Chapter One.

G R A I Z E N

Fire.

Fire was the first thing I felt against my skin as I opened my eyes. Our entire life was quickly burning to ash in front of me. The unbearable heat danced across my skin and ran up my arms as I roared out in pain. Flames engulfed everything around me, as I shot water into the air with my hands. The water cleared a pathway for me to exit our bedroom as I made it out into the hallway. Wood and metal were crashing all around me. This display mimicked what the inside of my head felt like. Screams surrounded me as people flashed by, running out of their rooms one by one. Pure panic was coursing through my veins as my eyes searched for her. It was my fault she didn't sleep in our room last night. Every fight between us always happens because of me. Now I find myself running through the rooms, calling out her name. All because of me.

"Graizen!"

Aphelia's arms went around mine. Her usual bright voice was filled with darkness as I took in her appearance. She was in pain, I could see it in her eyes. Burns were running up her arms, blisters all along her pale skin. She wrapped her arms tightly around me, as I allowed myself to relax for a single moment. The moment was quickly over as she pulled away with tears in her eyes.

"G-Graizen I'm so sorry she came to our room last night when you two got in a fight and when the fires started, she was gone I can't find her anywhere I-"

"Don't," I cut her off as I tightened my grip around her shoulders. "Don't panic. We'll find her? Okay. Don't panic."

Aphelia realized I was telling those words to myself in order to stay sane. Although my sanity was past the point of resurrection. I knew, I knew I shouldn't have let Thia out of my sight after that argument. It was one of the most painful fights we've both experienced. Devinthia seemed more hurt and defeated than anything. I closed my eyes as I remembered the look of pure devastation in her eyes as I said the words that broke her. She wanted space, she needed space, and I gave it to her. I gave it to her, not knowing if she would ever want me back after what I said. Even though it broke me in half, I still did.

"Why? Why is this happening Graizen? We're being attacked."

I quickly pulled Aphelia out of the way of the fire spreading down the hallway as we ran to the stairs. More flames touched my skin as I let out a hiss of pain. The burns along my arms didn't take long to heal as the pain faded into nothing. We made our way into the center of the city, or what was left of it. My eyes widened in shock as I stared at the sight before me. Buildings were falling, crashing all around us. Flames were destroying everything, everything my family and generations before built from nothing. These were the streets I grew up on, the buildings I spent my entire life in. They were the grounds that I trained on, the places where I fell harder and harder for Thia. Devinthia. Panic began to set in as my eyes didn't find her. Those couldn't be the last words I said to her. I should've never even said them in the first place. In this moment, I would do anything to turn back time.

"Freya." I spat out the name as I brought myself back to reality. "It has to be her who is doing this. I should've known she followed us back here."

Freya must've led Demerith's troops right to our city. That's the only way our city was able to be found. The troops want to avenge their leader and destroy our entire city. I cursed as I clenched my fists. I should have been prepared for this. Freya is too brainwashed to simply let us live. My attention went to Aphelia's burns, which didn't seem to be healing.

"Your arms." I motioned to them. The blistering was only growing along her arms and skin as she ran beside me. Her eyes looked beyond exhausted, her breathing ragged.

"I'm pregnant, remember?" She reminded me. "My powers don't work like yours do."

My eyes widened as I remembered the small life that was growing inside of her. Her powers were practically useless. All of her strength was going to the two tiny humans inside of her. I focused on the fire around us as I placed my hands on her shoulders.

"You need to get to safety. Now. I'll find Devin. You go to the elevators. Get out of here."

Aphelia shook her head, tears in her eyes. I tried to fight the tears that threatened to pour from mine, but it was no use. She didn't want to leave her city, I could see it in her eyes. I could feel it in her bones. She wanted to stay and fight, but I wasn't going to let her do that. Everything around us was falling to pieces, everything we had built. Our safety. Our home.

"No, Graizen I have to find Ryker, he's still out there-"

"I'll find them." I assured her, my voice anything but calm. "Go, now. That's an order."

Aphelia pulled me into her arms before sprinting off toward the elevators. I ran back to the direction of the house as an explosion erupted in front of me. My body was thrown back as I landed onto the ground with a harsh impact. Debris landed onto my body as a crack ran up my leg. I groaned in pain as I reset the bone, it healing almost instantly. I shook my head in disbelief as my ears rang through my brain. The house in front of me was only a collection of dust and debris. It was gone. Arms pulled me up from the ground as I turned around to meet the eyes of Ryker.

"Graizen, we have to go. There's nobody left to save."

I shook my head as I pushed him off of me. I won't leave my city until I have my girl in my arms. My eyes searched endlessly for her golden eyes, only to find nothing staring back at me.

"Not until we find her."

Ryker grabbed my arm, pulling me as hard as he could.

"She's safe, Graizen. I sent her, Aphelia, and Rayner up the elevators. They're safe."

I felt as if I could finally breathe as I ran to the elevators as fast as my body could run. My skin was burning, my bones weak, but that wasn't going to stop me. As I reached them, I turned around once more to look at my home. What once used to be a great city was now ashes. Buildings were burnt to the ground, no longer standing tall and proud. I continued to stare at Donum until the elevator doors closed. As we began moving up, I slammed my fists into the wall. The metal caved in underneath my fists, almost stopping the elevator from moving. Ryker pulled me by the shoulders, holding me in place.

"You cannot lose it right now, Graizen. You still have to lead what's left of this city. We're going to need you now more than ever."

I nodded as I took a deep breath. He was right. He's always right. As the elevator doors opened, Jax was standing at the bottom of the stairs in the cabin. Relief ran through me as I pulled him into my arms. His arms were tense as he pulled away, tears welling in his eyes. My heart stopped as I spotted the devastation in his eyes.

No.

I recognized that look all too well.

"We tried to save her, we tried to save her-"

Jax's words didn't register as I pushed past him, running out of the cabin in seconds. As the air of the forest hit me, cries surrounded me. I dropped to my knees as my eyes landed on her body.

She was dead.