Chapter Thirty Five.

D E V I N 

   "Aphelia!"

I barged into her room, completely out of breath. My eyes widened at the sight my eyes landed on. Her and Ryker were half naked, in a compromising position. I screamed, my face growing beet red. My body instantly turned around, covering my vision.

"Do you need something, Devin?" Aphelia casually asked as I heard movement behind me.

"Yes, but it can wait. Sorta."

I mumbled as I began to walk forward with my hand still covering my eyes. I walked straight into a wall, sending my body tumbling to the floor. Ryker and Aphelia chorused in laughter behind me as I quickly regained my balance.

"You can open your eyes now." Ryker teased as I slowly turned around. Once I noticed they were fully clothed, I relaxed.

"What did you need?" Aphelia asked as she fixed her hair.

"Locke challenged you. This Friday." I hesitantly said. A wave of quietness fell over the room as I stared between the two of them.

"Anything else?" Aphelia asked with a bored expression on her face. To say I was surprised by her reaction was an understatement.

Wasn't she afraid? I would be. Then again, she is significantly stronger than I am.

"No, that's all." I quietly said.

"Well, technically he challenged Graizen. But Graizen explained he had to challenge you first and work his way up."

Aphelia and Ryker shared a look between eachother. I raised my eyebrows in question.

"He wants to challenge Graizen? No way." Aphelia laughed to herself.

"It's not even an issue. My girl is going to destroy him." Ryker smiled proudly as he pulled Aphelia to him.

"You bet your fine ass I will."

Aphelia pressed her lips to his as I awkwardly looked at the floor.

"Yeah," I shifted on my feet. "I'm going to leave."

They didn't answer as they deepened the kiss, leading each other back to the bed. I was halfway out the door as Ryker yelled out to me.

"Close and lock the door behind you!"

I quickly locked the door, pacing down the hall. I made a mental note in my head to not bother them for the next couple of hours. Or, even until morning. I brushed it away from my mind as I went straight to the elevator. I scanned the hall, making sure nobody was behind me as I pushed the floor to the hospital.

I have to see Jax.

My heart ached as I imagined what he had been going through since I last saw him. The doors opened, as I searched the hall. Nobody was around. I typed in the code I had watched Ryker punch in. Sure enough, the doors opened. I went straight to Jax's bed, resting my hands on the end of it.

"I'm sorry, Jax." I honestly said as I stared at him. He was sleeping. He looked out of it, like he was deep in a dream.

"I'm sorry for being mad at you for bringing me here to my family."

"You never talk about your family."

Jax's head perked up from the couch as I said this. His eyes were tired. He wiped them before resting his head against my shoulder. I had lost track on how many movies we had watched at this point. He ran his fingers through my hair, his eyes displaying an unreadable look.

"You're my family. I talk about you."

He laughed as he rolled around on the couch, so he was even closer to me. A warm smile appeared on my face at his words. I think of this boy as family, too. When I think about my future, his face is the only one that pops into my head. He's helped me overcome so much and he doesn't even know it.

"Did you have any siblings?"

I purposefully avoided talking about his parents. I knew that topic was too painful for him. His eyes widened at my question. I tried to read into his blue eyes as I looked into him.

"I have a brother. Even though we're the same age, I looked up to him so much. He's strong. He's a natural leader. He's everything I ever want to be."

An odd chill ran through me as I tried to picture what his brother looked like. I couldn't explain the feeling that ran through me at the thought of this person I just found out existed. I shook that feeling away as I processed his words.

"You're everything I want you to be."

Jax almost blushed at my words, before shoving me over in a playful manner. I laughed, catching myself before my body rolled onto the floor. Jax through his head back in laughter as he held his hands out to me, pulling my arms back up.

"We're always going to be like this, right?"

My eyes were hopeful as I found his midnight blue eyes.

"Of course, Devin. You're never getting rid of me!"

I choked as I felt a few tears threaten to spill. It's almost been a month since Jax and Graizen brought me here. My whole view of the world has completely changed these past few weeks. I had no idea how close I would grow to everyone here.

I have a family.

I truly feel like I have a home. My mind has discovered all these gifts and powers I never even thought possible. It's all thanks to Jax. None of this would've happened if I never met him. Granted, Graizen would've met me a year after I met Jax. But, I wouldn't change any of it. I wouldn't take away a single day Jax and I spent together before I knew everything. I needed that year to heal from the loss of my Mom. I needed that year to heal and grow as a person.

And I did.

"Please. Come back to me, Jax." I begged once again as I laid my head down on the corner of his hospital bed.

"It's all my fault."

I felt a few tears fall from my eyes as I closed my eyes. My lips trembled as I stared up at his sleeping face. He looked like my Jax while he was sleeping. I couldn't hold back the sob that ran through me as I begged for him to come back. Hours passed as I sat at the corner of his bed. My head rested against the mattress as I allowed myself to relax. Exhaustion took over my body as I began to doze off. I felt a pair of strong arms lift me with ease. Tingles shot up my body at the mere touch of them. The arms guided me out of the hospital room, and to the elevator. I didn't fight the arms, I knew exactly who they belonged to. I felt comforted by them as they gently placed me in my bed. They covered my body up with blankets, as I felt them slip away.

"Graizen." I called out to him as I let my eyes open. He immediately turned around, kneeling beside my bed.

"Thia." Graizen answered back. I felt at ease. He seemed much more approachable, eye level with me.

"Thank you." I breathed out as my eyes locked with his. I almost lost my breath as he smiled at me. It was an honest smile. It wasn't forced, or fake. It was truly genuine. I was amazed as I stared into him. The way his silver eyes lit up, as I felt his chest vibrate next to me.

"You looked tired. Plus, I didn't want Jax to accidently kick you or-"

"Not just for that." I cut him off.

"Thank you, for bringing me here. For saving me."

An unreadable look crossed his face as he held my gaze.

"Get some sleep. And, try to stay out of trouble. You seem to try to get yourself killed, a lot."

I laughed quietly as I felt my eyes gently close. I heard Graizen close the door behind him.

I'll try.