Chapter Twenty Eight.

D E V I N 

Jax roared as he went crazy in the small bed. I shook my head in disbelief as I ran out of the room. I ran back up the stairs and out the door as fast as my legs could carry me. The lights outside were dim, as the cool air surrounded me. I held my head in my hands as heavy breathing rang through my ears. I sat on the ground and crouched into a ball as I hid my head in my hands. I jumped as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Go away, Graizen." I practically spat out.

"Ouch." A voice that didn't belong to Graizen's gently laughed. "I take being called that bipolar little boy, an insult." Rayner teased.

I instantly turned around, wrapping my arms around him. He gave me a soft hug as I couldn't hold any more of my tears in. "I'm sorry for crying." I apologized in between tears.

"Don't apologize, Devin." Rayner reassured me. "You're family." I let myself softly smile as he said this. I gently pulled away from him, as we sat beside eachother.

"Jax is gone." My voice croaked. I could feel more tears threatening to spill as I pulled my legs to my chest.

"This is just a side you've never seen before. Jax was like this after Freya died. He killed his parents, remember? But he got past that. Because of you. You're his best friend." Rayner's voice was calm and relaxing. I nodded, wanting to believe him. If only it were that easy.

"I can't believe I healed myself." I honestly said. Rayner's eyes widened as he quickly nodded.

"How long was I asleep for?" I asked, causing the air around us to shift.

"Three days." He sighed. "You were completely healed the morning after the incident."

I didn't say a word. I was clueless as to what any of this meant.

"Graizen didn't leave your bedside. Like, ever." Rayner explained. "It was a bit creepy. Who goes three days without sleeping? Or showering? Ugh."

I turned my head towards him. "Are you serious?"

Rayner nodded as he got up from the ground. He helped me up as we made our way back to the house. "He cares about you, Devin. Also, who the hell is Thia?"

I didn't answer as we made our way to my room. I couldn't help the smile that formed at my lips at Graizen's nickname for me. I stopped outside the door.

"I think I'm going to get some sleep. See you tomorrow?" I simply asked. Rayner nodded as he started to walk away.

"Glad to have you back."

He said as he disappeared around the corner. I let out a deep sigh as I quickly darted into my room, locking the door behind me. Graizen was sitting on my bed, his eyes on me. I practically screamed as my eyes fell on him.

"What the hell, Graizen?" He sensed the annoyance in my tone as he stood up from the bed.

"I thought he killed you." He blurted out.

"I walked into the room a-and blood was pouring everywhere. You weren't moving, your heart stopped, Thia. It stopped." Graizen's eyes were serious, and full of emotion as he said this.

"I was going to kill him. Every muscle in my body was screaming at me to end him. The second your heart stopped beating, it was almost like mine did, too."

"But you didn't kill him." I slowly said, purposefully ignoring that last part.

He nodded.

"I didn't." He mimicked my tone. "Ryker stopped me. I would've if he didn't stop me. I would've killed my brother." Graizen laughed. I raised an eyebrow.

He was laughing? Does he find this comical?

"I would've killed my brother, and I wouldn't have regretted it for a second." He stated. His face was like a stone, as I took a step closer to him. I couldn't help but give in to the pull between us.

"Do you know how much that scares me?" Graizen stood up as he began to pace back and forth in my room.

"I don't care for people, Thia. That's who I am."

He ran his hands through his hair as he let out a groan of frustration.

"But the thought of anyone hurting you. The thought of anyone touching you." Graizen stopped in place. He was standing in front of me, his chest rising up and down. "It makes me want to kill."

I was speechless as I stared into him. Looking into his eyes, he seemed vulnerable under my gaze. Whatever wall he usually puts up, it was gone. I felt as if I were starting straight into his soul. He wasn't trying to hide anything from me.

"I don't know what to say." I honestly said as I stared back at him.

"Don't say anything."

I lost all my breath in my body as he grabbed my face and pulled my lips to his. Our mouths lightly brushed up against eachother. I sucked in a breath as his lips traced against mine, as pure euphoria rocketed through my body. The whole room seemed to turn into fire as he deepened the kiss. My legs were jelly beneath me as my hands found his shirt, fisting it in my hands. I took a breath of air as his lips left mine, only for them to connect with my mouth again. I forgot everything around me as it all faded away. The only thing that mattered was him. A deep groan escaped from his lips as I ran my fingers through his thick hair. Electricity was flowing through my veins as I pulled him even closer to me. My stomach danced with delight as my entire body filled with need. I felt his arms fall from my body as he pulled away. My body instantly grew cold as all feeling escaped from it. It was like I had lost something when he pulled away from me.

"Graizen."

I breathed out as I opened my eyes. He was gone. My shoulders dropped as I found myself completely alone. I sat down onto my bed, feeling defeated. I brought my hand up to my lips. They were still tingling, but it was nothing compared to when his lips were on mine. It was the most unexplainable feeling I've ever experienced. My mouth fell open again as a realization came to me.

That was my first kiss.