Chapter Twenty Two.

D E V I N

"Where is she?"

A voice roared as Aphelia and I approached the town square. I instantly relaxed as my eyes landed on Graizen. He was safe. I could see him visibly relax as his eyes landed on mine. His legs made his way over to me, his eyes not glued in my direction. I opened my mouth to speak, as someone else's arms brought me into their hard chest.

"Dev, I'm so glad you guys are okay." Jax breathed out as he held me to him. "Henrick was murdered, nobody could find you."

"Henrick?" I pulled away as my eyes searched for Graizen.

"The guy who Aphelia fought?"

Jax nodded. My eyes finally landed on Graizen once again. He was standing directly behind Jax, his arms crossed against his chest. I couldn't read his eyes as they stared into me.

"Who killed him? Why?"

"We don't know." Jax honestly said. "Henrick was on patrol, outside. Locke went to go relieve him and when he found him he was, dead."

I shook my head as I held it in my hands. This made me question just how safe our city was.

"Are you okay?"

"I knew him my whole life, Devin." Jax honestly said.

"He was family. He didn't deserve that."

I looked around the city. Everyone around me was grieving. Jax pulled me into his arms again as I stayed silent. I gently hugged him back. Jax has lost so much in his life. Graizen's eyes were still on me as I pulled away from Jax. I calmly made my way toward him.

"I'm here."

I simply said to him. I could see in his eyes he was clearly trying to hide his pain. Graizen wasn't exactly one to show emotion to people. I placed my arm on his shoulder. He flinched as he quickly backed away from me. He didn't say a word as he walked away, heading towards the elevator. I went to follow him as an arm pulled me back.

"Where are you going?" Jax demanded.

"To follow Graizen." I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'll go with you." Jax quickly said. "You shouldn't be alone right now."

"I'm only going to go catch up with Graizen, I'll be fine."

I didn't wait for his permission as I quickly ran off to follow Graizen. I heard Jax let out a groan as I waited for the elevator. I waited for what felt like hours until the doors finally opened to the woods Graizen showed me a bit back. It was only a little over a week, but it felt like forever since Graizen showed me this secret place. I couldn't find him, feeling lost as I ran around the small woods. I kept running as I felt my skin begin to shiver.

How did Graizen manage to disappear so fast?

Well, he is practically superman. Without a cape, though. I continued to wander through the woods as sky through the glass ceiling was slowly setting. It was almost completely dark now. I tried to listen for the sound of flowing water, but all I heard was the deafening sound of silence.

Snap.

I whipped my head behind me as I heard a twig snap from a distance. Who else could be here?

"Graizen?"

I yelled. The only sound I heard was my voice echo through the trees. I can't get over how real this is. It's almost like I'm actually outside. I closed my eyes as I tried to concentrate on the sound of water. Nothing. Fear began to run up my body. I quickly ignored it as I kept moving through the woods.

Snap!

The sound of the twig snapping was louder this time. Closer.

"Graizen!"

I screamed his name out until my voice was hoarse. I could barely see my own hand in front of me as I heard shuffling from all directions. Without thinking, I took off in a full-on sprint through the woods. Panic pounded through my veins as I realized I had no idea where I was going. The doors to the elevator was nowhere to be seen. Tree branches cut me as I ran past them, but I ignored it. The pain didn't even phase me. All I could focus on was the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

I had to get back.

An arm shot out from nowhere, yanking me back. My heart stopped as my body went into a frenzy. Ringing rang deep in my ears as I clawed to get away. Fire ignited my body as I slowly started to calm down. My vision returned as silver eyes appeared in front of me.