Chapter Fourteen.

D E V I N

"Why the hell are you training her? You've got almost a hundred pounds on her."

    Locke didn't say anything as Graizen pushed his face harder into the ground with his powers. I stared at the two of them in silence, unsure of what to do. I coughed one last time before standing on my two feet once again.

    "How else is she supposed to learn?" Locke spat out. You could hear the anger in his voice at Graizen. The whole class just stared at the scene in silence. Ryker put a hand on my shoulder as I trembled at the two men before me.

    "She'll learn. Not like that."

    Graizen let go of him as he relaxed his hands to his sides, getting up from the ground. Locke let out a growl before stomping off to the main house. Graizen didn't look at me as he began to walk into an unknown area of the city. Everyone's eyes made their way towards me. I tried to ignore it is I quickly turned around. I let out a huff as I ran after the person I probably should stay miles away from. My legs sprinted to catch up with Graizen. He didn't move a muscle as I fell into step beside him.

    "Why am I here?" I questioned. Graizen didn't say anything as he kept walking forward. "Clearly, I don't fit in."

    "No," Graizen spat out. "You don't fit in here. You don't belong here."

    I was taken aback as he said this. Hot and cold. Hot and cold. He is the definition of polar opposite. Graizen angrily ran a hand through his hair as he stopped at a closed door. We reached an elevator, one that was at the end of the city. The doors opened, as he quickly slid himself inside it. I could tell he was avoiding my eyes; no doubt I have the same effect he has on me.

    "Then why?" I asked, clearly frustrated. I followed him into the large elevator. "Why bring me here? Why save me?"

    "Because." Graizen was practically yelling. He came inches away from me, holding my head in his hands as he said this. The doors closed, trapping us in our own world. "You make me feel, Devinthia. Numbness has surrounded me since the day-"

     He quickly stopped, his words evaporating into the space between us. His eyes were locked on mine as we stared into eachother. I suddenly noticed how close we were. His hands were almost burning on my cheeks. I could feel his breath on mine. His breath was fast, and uneven, mimicking mine. With Graizen, everything was unpredictable. He's made me feel things that the darkest parts of me have never felt before.

    "You should probably see a psychologist." The words came out of my mouth before I could stop myself. His hands instantly fell from my face. I missed the feeling of them the second they were away from me. His face was serious. Then, in a second his shoulders slumped over. He held his head back, his hand went to his stomach, and everything around us echoed with his beautiful laughter. A smile easily formed from my lips as the joyful noise coming from his mouth filled my ears. His delicious laughs echoed in the four walls encasing us. The sound of him calmed me as I joined him, and our laughter chorused together. We laughed together until my stomach began to hurt. I quickly caught my breath as we both finally stopped.

    "I want to show you something."

    The elevator doors opened right as he said this, as the smell of the trees and grass hit me. I didn't realize how much I missed the pure smell of nature until I was once again greeted with it.

    He held his hand out to me. I hesitantly took it, my mouth parted in amazement. Woods and yards of trees surrounded me. I looked up, seeing a fake sky above us. It was nothing like the real thing, but it still took my breath away.