Chapter Twenty-Six.

G R A I Z E N

Pure rage was flowing through my veins as my eyes landed on Locke.

How many times do I have to kill this prick?

He jumped in fear as I grabbed the back of his neck, smashing his body into the wall. He sucked in a breath as I lifted him by his neck, suspending him in the air. Locke's eyes held fear as I challenged him with my eyes.

"What the hell, Graizen?"

"Don't play the innocent card, dick." My hand tightened around his throat, as the color began to drain from his face. Locke quickly put the pieces together as realization ran through his eyes.

"I thought she meant nothing to you." He coughed out.

I froze.

She does mean nothing to me.

She's a weapon, nothing else. She'll never be more than that, not to me. She can't be more than that to me. I shook my head as I dropped Locke. He fell to the ground, puking onto the floor. I rolled my eyes as I stalked up to her bedroom. She has to know that nothing will ever happen between us. The girl thinks she is slowly breaking down my walls, but she is wrong. I heard Jax's cries as I made my way up the stairs. A sickening feeling filled my stomach with each step I took. Jax did not sound like himself. My legs ran to her room in an instant, as I turned the doorknob with my hands. It was locked.

"Thia!"

I didn't wait for an answer as I busted through the room. Wood pierced into my shoulder, but that was nothing compared to the pain I was about to feel.

I forgot how to breathe as I walked into the room. Devinthia's body looked lifeless as Jax repeatedly slammed her into the wall, blood pouring from her head. I felt as if something inside of me shattered at the sight of her. In the blink of an eye, I had Jax's neck in my hands. Rage was the only thing coursing through my veins as I roared at my brother. He didn't look like himself. His eyes were crazed, his hair in every direction. It was like we were brought back to that night. The night he killed both of our parents. I felt tears at my eyes as I screamed, ready to rip into his chest.

This is it.

I'm finally going to kill my brother.

I was ready to kill him with my bare hands until I felt arms attempt to pull me away. I didn't move an inch as I sunk my hand into his chest, I could practically feel his heart in my hands. I looked at him dead in the eyes as he stared at me with a psychotic look.

"Kill me, brother I don't want to live." He coughed out.

I shuddered as he spoke the same words of that night. My fists clenched as I stared into his worthless eyes. I made the mistake of sparing him before, a mistake I will not make twice.

"Gladly."

My hand began to warm as I stared into his midnight blue eyes. I felt satisfaction run through my bones as I quite literally had his life in my hands.

"Graizen! Her heart isn't beating."

Those were the only words to pull me out of my trance as I pulled my hand out of Jax's chest. Everything around me seemed to disappear as I held Devinthia in my arms. I placed my ear to her chest, waiting for a response. I shook her in my arms, screaming at her.

This wasn't it. This isn't how she dies.

Pure terror ran through me as I held her lifeless body in my arms. I ran as fast as I could with her, making sure to support her head. Once we reached medic, everyone's eyes landed on me. One of our nurses came up to me, trying to pull Devinthia away from me. I shook my head, pulling Devinthia as close to my chest as I could. A feeling of possession ran over me as I stared down at the girl.

"No!" I shouted, causing the nurse to cower in fear.

The nurse simply nodded, gesturing me to follow her into one of the open rooms. Once I set her down on the bed, people swarmed all around her. They were hooking up things to her body, as I held my head in my hands. Everything around me became blurry as I fell to my knees, shaking my head. This was all happening again. All because of him.

All because of Jax.

I jumped up from the ground, going to find him. This was all his fault. Every bad thing that has ever happened to me was because of him. He doesn't get to live after everything he's done. Not with all the lives he has taken. I was on my way back to him until Ryker burst through the door with Jax in his hands. Jax was thrashing around in his arms, crying out in pain. I had never seen him like this before. A chill ran up my spine as I watched my brother unfold in front of me. Before I knew what was happening, my hands were around his throat. I felt arms ripping me off, but it was no use. Nothing was going to stop me from killing him.

"She's alive!"

I dropped Jax in an instant, running over to her hospital room. She was the only thing that could bring me back to reality, bring me out of my trance. I held her frail hand in mine, bringing it up to my face. Her eyes were shut, a peaceful look resting on her face. I focused on the sound of her heart, letting it relax me. I closed my eyes as I shakily brought her hand to my chest and did something I hadn't done since the day I lost everything.

I cried.