Chapter Eighteen.

G R A I Z E N 

  I sighed as I stared at the worn-down house in front of me.

Why the hell am I here again?

Right, the girl.

I never thought I'd return to her home, ever. Without her in it, the house seemed useless to me. Well, it was useless before. It's a useless excuse of a house. Without processing what I was doing, my legs brought me to the door. It opened without any struggle, wonderful. No wonder the girl was almost killed, they never lock the damn door. As I walked through the house, I noticed empty bottles of alcohol everywhere. My eyes searched for Mason.

Jesus, what if he's dead?

I didn't think of that.

I relaxed as I found him sitting on their broken couch. He was sipping on a beer, staring into space. Mason jumped as I approached him, holding the beer in front of him as a weapon. I stared at the small bottle with humor in my eyes.

"You really think that will protect you?"

"Who are you? What do you want?"

I shook my head as I took the beer bottle from his hands, smashing it against the wall beside me. Mason's eyes went wide as he scratched the back of his head, unsure of how I took it from him so fast. I took a step closer towards him.

"Your sister is in trouble. I can't exactly explain everything, but she needs you right now. She also needs you to be not shit-faced for once."

His eyes were confused as I said this.

"She's in trouble?" He repeated.

"Yes, can you not hear either?"

"Are there people protecting her?"

I nodded.

Where is he going with this?

"I don't want any part of it. She's on her own now."

I clenched my fists at my sides as I felt a fire form inside of me.

"Excuse me?" I asked again, trying to contain my anger.

"Who's the deaf one now? I said I don't want any part of-"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence before I had him on the ground. I sent a punch straight to the middle of his face, causing his head to roll back. He let out a cry as blood poured out from him nose, onto his chest.

"She's your sister. After all of this you're going to leave her?"

Mason didn't say anything as I grabbed him by the collar, throwing him into the wall. He coughed up blood as he looked at me in pure terror. I was ready to break his neck until her golden eyes flashed in my head.

I can't do this.

No matter who much of an asshole he is, I can't be the one to kill him.

I grabbed his neck, pinning him against the wall. He cried out, begging me to give him mercy as I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"I hope you die in this hell hole. I hope you drink yourself to death, realizing what you've lost. You don't deserve her. You never did.