Chapter Twelve.

G R A I Z E N

    I don't trust anyone with you.

    What the hell is wrong with me?

     I need to stay away from this girl. I've barely been around her and she's already brought out a part of me I've buried underneath a long time ago. I cursed as I took a swig from the bottle of alcohol in my hands. The bottle was almost empty, barely a sip left.

    Did I already drink that much? Christ.

    I quickly drank the rest of the bottle, throwing it into the wall behind me. Glass shattered, but I only ignored it as I made my way out of the room. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going. Everything around me was slightly blurred as I made my way down the stairs. I stumbled my way into the kitchen, practically hitting everything in my path. I laughed to myself as I found another bottle of alcohol, pouring it down my throat. The hard whiskey burned as it entered my body. I relaxed, letting the alcohol take its effect. I wanted to drink until I could no longer remember that girl. Jesus, I can't even say her name in my thoughts without awakening something inside of me. I cursed as I threw the bottle against the wall, glass flying in all directions. I was about to destroy everything in my sight until a small gasp stopped my actions. I looked over to see golden eyes staring back at me.

   Devinthia.

    She was wearing a lose shirt. It was almost see-through as I took in her figure underneath it. Her hair was naturally flowing at her sides, her face bare of a single trace of makeup.

    This has got to be some sick joke. With a quick motion of my hand, I pulled her through the air. She was ten feet away from me, but now only inches away as I used my powers to pull her body in front of mine without touching an inch of her body. I quickly dropped my hand as she stared at me in shock. Her breathing was wild, I could tell she wasn't used to my powers yet.

    "And what the hell do you think you're doing?"

    "I was hungry." Her voice was unsure, cracking at the end. It held fear in it, as if she were afraid of me. Good. The girl should be terrified of me. I squinted as I took in more of her appearance. She looked uneasy as she stared back at me, almost as if she has been caught. Visions of my arms running up her body, my fingers tangling themselves into her hair, flashed through my mind. My eyes widened, as I felt sick.

    "You were trying to escape." I spat out.

    She shook her head, guilt flashing over her features. Even in my drunken state, her beauty was undeniable. It was a timeless beauty, one that mirrored a goddess. I wanted to pause this moment and capture every inch of her, memorize every little part-shit.

     What the hell is wrong with me?

    "You know, one would think, after saving your life you'd be a little thankful."

     Devinthia's features went from scared to humorous as I said this. She held onto her stomach as a sarcastic smile took over her face. Her laugh was sickening as he shook her head in disbelief.

    "Thankful?" She took a few steps towards me. "Are you kidding? You may have saved me, but I don't belong to you."

    There she goes with that fiery attitude of hers. Her voice was full of power as she challenged me. I stared at her with wide eyes. In my short time on this earth, nobody has ever talked to me the way that she has. She was playing with fire, and she knew it. I smirked as I took a step towards her.

    "Go ahead." I laughed. "Go back to your excuse of a house, with your excuse of a brother. It won't even be a day before they find you."

    I threatened her with the fear of the unknown. Even saying that sentence made me nauseous.  The girl didn't say a word as she held her arms around herself. I felt a wave of guilt run over me at my harsh words.

    "Go to hell." She spat out.

     Her words sent a wave of sadistic laughter through me. Her voice sounded so frail, so innocent, saying those damning words to me.

    "I'm already in it."

    I slowly made my way to the stairs as I said this, ignoring the girl. Talking to her like this was too much for me. The longer I talk to her, the more I let her inside of my head. My vision was blurred as I shakily walked through the dark kitchen. My body stopped as I felt a small hand stop my body, pushing me back. My eyes caught Devin 's gold ones, as I gave her a questioning look. Her hand reached up to hit me, as I quickly stopped it before it could even touch me. I controlled her hand in the air, holding it in place. I ignored the feeling that ran through me as I stared at her angered face. She looked at me with wide eyes. I quickly dropped my hand to my side, as she moved her arm once again. I ran up the stairs as fast as my drunk self could, locking myself in my room. My breathing was wild, ragged in my hears as I crashed my fist into the wall beside me. With the flick of my arm, all the chairs in my room crashed into the wall without my hands ever touching them. The wood split into pieces, flying all around the room as my chest heaved up and down.

    I need to get this girl out of my head.