Chapter Fifty-One.

D E V I N

Pain.

Pain was the first thing that registered in my head as I opened my eyes. The next thing I realized was my arms and legs, able to move on their own again. My vision slowly came back to me, as I took in my surroundings. Everything around me was dark, and cold. The air seemed different, I couldn't explain it. I was in a large room, black covering every inch of it. My heart leaped as I found a door. I thought I was dreaming as it opened without any struggle. I ran out of it, pushing my body as hard as I could. I was running down a dark hallway that never seemed to end. My body collided with something as I fell to the ground. I cried out, as my head slammed into the wall behind me. I titled my head up, meeting the eyes of the body I had collided into.

"You're awake." The voice said.

I blinked, wiping my eyes. They had to be deceiving me. The girl standing in front of me looked as if she was my own twin. My head was pounding as I took in her appearance. The more I looked at her, the more I could see the small differences between us. We were far from identical, but there was no doubt in my mind she was connected to me.

"F-Freya?"

Her eyes were wide, as she grabbed me by the collar. She knew exactly who I was, I could tell. My only thought was Jax, and how all this time she was alive. All the pain he went through, the death of his parents, all of it could've been prevented.

"Don't call me that."

Her words were harsh as she dragged me back to the room I was in. I was too weak for her as she threw me back into the room, binding the door shut. I screamed, pounding against the door until my arms were bleeding. My voice was cracking as I hit the door until I could no longer move my arms. The world around me was a dizzy mess as I collapsed onto the floor, darkness taking over my body.

~*~

My eyes snapped open as a needle slide into my arm. It roughly pierced underneath my skin, sending a sharp pain through me. I winced, trying to pull away. My arms and legs were binded to a chair, my body weak. Locke was in front of me, drawing my blood.

"Not going for the legs this time?"

My voice dripped with sarcasm and hatred as I looked at him. I could hear the exhaustion from my voice as I tried to sit up in the chair. My body quickly gave out, as I slumped forward. The ropes were pulling at my skin, burning my arms as I struggled in them. Locke let out a small laugh as he shook his head.

"The arm is so much easier. You would've noticed if I went for an obvious place."

I lunged for him, only to be held back by the tight ropes around me. He stepped back, smirking at me as I fought the restraints. I could barely feel my body as my head fell forward. Locke approached me again, leaning his hands on either side of the chair. I turned my head away from him in disgust.

"You are a human weapon."

He stroked my hair as he said this. I jolted back, practically growling at him. His fingers felt like ice against my skin.

"Scared?"

I gasped as Freya came into the room. I pulled at my arms and legs as I looked at her with hope in my eyes. She noticed but didn't do anything as Locke backed away from me. She took the needle out of my arm, collecting the small tubes of blood. I shook my head at her, disbelief in my eyes.

"Jax is alive. He hurts for you. He mourns you every day. You're the love of his life, he's gone mad without you. Please, Freya you're my-"