Chapter Fifteen.

G R A I Z E N

    What in the hell made me jump in that water with her?

    I cursed to myself as I stripped off my shirt, ringing out all the water from it. As I closed my eyes, her face appeared in my head. The way the water was sitting on her face, a few droplets stuck in her eyelashes. Her clothes were sticking to her, not leaving much to the imagination. I replayed the whole scene in my head. I had never planned on showing her my place.

    It was mine.

    It was the only escape I had from Donum.

    This girl was slowly tearing down my walls, and there was nothing I could do about it. I actually laughed with her. I must be going insane. I've never talked with someone the way I talk to her. She makes me want to open up to her.

    Disgusting.

    I needed to escape this girl, and I needed to do it as quickly as possible.

    "What's your problem?"

    A voice interrupted my thoughts, as I turned my head towards its direction. Locke was standing behind me with his arms crossed. I could tell he was pissed at me, like I give a damn.

    "Don't you have inventory to do?" I rolled my eyes.

    "What is she to you?"

    I didn't answer him as I made my way to the main house. As much as I just loved girl talk with Locke, I'm not exactly in the mood to cry to him about my feelings over a tub of ice cream. His footsteps didn't stop following mine as I stalked up to my bedroom. I groaned, turning around to face him as I reached the top of the stairs.

    "Locke, what the hell do you want?"

    "I want her."

    I felt bile rise in the back of my throat at his words. He didn't have to drop any names, I knew exactly what girl he was talking about. Locke has a reputation around here, I should've known he'd want her the second we brought her here. I felt uneasy at the thought of them together. I felt uneasy at the thought of her and anyone together.

    Jesus, I need help.

    "You can't."

    I didn't blink an eye as I said this, my eyes staring right into his. The more I looked at him, the more I was seeing red.

    "Why not? She means nothing to you."

    Nothing. I almost laughed as I repeated the words to myself. I keep saying she means nothing to me. The thought of anything happening to her makes me want to kill everyone in sight. The thought of anyone claiming her as their own is enough to send me into a blind range.

    "You're right. She means nothing to me." I barked out, unsure of myself.

    "It's settled then. She's mine."

    Before I could even process what I was doing, Locke was at the bottom of the stairs with a broken neck. I looked down at my hands. They were a shaking mess as I stared at them. I fell to my knees as I held my head in my hands, trying to calm myself. I didn't wake for Locke to wake up as I charged into my room, yelling out as I violently slammed the door.

    There is something seriously wrong with me.

    I need to stay away from that girl.