Chapter Forty-Eight.

D E V I N 

    "Thia, wake up!"

Warm hands were on me, shaking me awake as I opened my eyes. Confusion swept over me as I looked into Graizen's worried eyes. He brought me into his arms, wiping the sweat from my face. I looked down at the floor, unaware of what was going on. I wiped my eyes, still feeling as if I were in a state of sleep.

"Was I having a nightmare?"

"You were screaming, calling out my name."

"Oh." I simply said.

Anger ran through me as I pulled my arms away from him. Graizen's voice cracked as he placed his hands onto my legs. He ran his hands along the tops of my thighs, as tears filled his silver eyes. I could feel his anger radiating through me in this moment. All of his grief, his frustrations, I could feel it all.

"It haunts me, the thought of him coming in here when you were asleep. What if he did more than just take your blood? What if he, Jesus, I can't breathe."

Graizen stood up from the bed, smashing his fist into the wall. A shiver ran up my spine at his words. I shook my head, immediately going to him. I placed my hands along his back, as he flinched at my gentle touch. Hurt ran through me at his actions. All I wanted to do was fall into his arms and forget about everything but the way his skin felt against mine.

"He didn't, Graizen. I know he wouldn't."

"No, you don't!"

"Yes, I do! I also know that you need to stop blaming yourself for this. You're pushing me away like you always do! I'm tired of it, Graizen. I really need you right now."

These words seem to trigger something in him as he clenched his fists. He fell to his knees, holding his head in his hands. He groaned out in frustration as anger ran through my bones. I wasn't going to let this happen. This wall between us is about to be turned into dust.

"Stop making this about you Graizen! He was the one who hurt me! Do you know how that makes me feel? Do you know how much that disgusts me? I need you to be there for me, Graizen. For me."

"I'm bad for you."

"No." I quickly said. "You were made for me."

He stood up from the ground, turning away from me once again. I stood behind him, tracing my fingers along every part of him. I could feel him tense. I could feel every part of him slowly drift to me.

"Every part of you, every broken part, was made for me."

I rested my head against the hard muscles in his back, my hands around his torso. His skin was burning against my touch. His body relaxed into mine, the air between us relaxing.

"Every broken part of you is a puzzle piece that fits perfectly with the broken parts of me."

I turned him around, bringing his lips to mine. He immediately sunk into my kiss, his arms latching around me. We were two broken puzzle pieces that fit perfectly together. I traced my fingers up his chest, stopping at his jaw.

"This," I pressed my lips against his once more. "Isn't bad for me."

Graizen collapsed into my chest, holding me tight against him.

"I love you so damn much it hurts, Thia."