Chapter Thirty-Four.

D E V I N

"It's too tight, Aphelia."

"Too tight? Dev, it fits you like a glove. It shows off your curves just right."

"I don't have curves." I mumbled. "I'm as flat as a pancake."

"A pancake shaped like an hour-glass." Aphelia huffed out.

I shook my head as I slipped out of the dress. We were currently in her room, trying on countless maid of honor dresses. She had brought home bags and bags of dresses for me to try on. My whole day has been getting in and out of clothing.

"Why do you insist on me wearing lingerie under every dress?" I groaned, motioning to the nude set she forced me to put on while we tried on all the gowns.

"Because," Aphelia explained. "Those don't show under the dresses. Plus, you look hot!"

I felt insecure as I waited for her to hand me the next dress.

"What does it matter? It's not like anyone is going to see what's underneath the dress."

"You never know, Dev." Aphelia smirked at me as she dug through all the gowns we had already tried on.

"I promise you, Aphelia. Nobody is going to see me in this." I sternly said.

"Hey, Aphelia. Have you seen Devin-"

I froze as Graizen barged into the room. He stopped in place as he took in my appearance. Graizen's eyes had an unexplainable look on them as they didn't leave my body. I screamed, trying my best to cover myself up with my hands. Seeing no other option, I dove into the pile of dresses, submerging myself underneath all of them. My cheeks inflamed with redness as I tried my best to cover myself up.

"Don't you ever knock?" I yelled from underneath the giant pile.

"I, I, um. S-Sorry."

I heard his loud footsteps quickly take off, slamming the door behind him. I popped my head out, making sure the coast was clear. My eyes found Aphelia, who was currently on the floor laughing.

"You didn't lock the door?" I yelled, standing up from the giant pile.

"What was that you said about nobody seeing you in that?" She asked as she regained her composure.

"I hate you." I couldn't help but laugh as I threw a dress in her direction.

"Look! We're almost halfway through!" Aphelia pointed to the two piles as she cheered.

"Kill me."

~*~

"Where have you been all day?"

I jumped as Locke sat down at my table. I was scarfing down a bowl of pasta as he suddenly appeared in front of me. "Hello to you, too." I said as I swallowed my mouthful. Locke only laughed as he placed his food next to mine.

"Dresses," I explained. "Aphelia had me trying on maid of honor dresses all day."

"That must've been a sight." Locke laughed as he started eating his food. I hesitantly laughed as I remembered what happened with Graizen earlier today. My face went red as I stared down at my plate.

"You okay?" Locke questioned.

"Yeah," I answered. "Graizen just walked in on me while I was in the middle of changing."

I had no idea why I felt the need to tell him this. I just couldn't erase the scene from my mind. It kept replaying over and over in my head. The way his eyes attracted to my body, unable to tear themselves away.

"Typical." Locke snorted. "I bet he even acted all flustered and nervous."

My face dropped as I stopped eating my food.

"Why do you say that?"

"It was just an act. He knew exactly what he was doing." Locke laughed to himself as he continued to eat his food. I felt like a fool as I looked away from him.

"I'm done eating." I simply said as I got up to throw my plate away.

"Devin!" I heard Locke call from behind me.

I didn't turn around as I walked straight out of the dining hall. I'm being dramatic, but I didn't care. I wasn't going to just sit there while he made me feel like a fool. I heard his footsteps follow me as I made my way to the town square for training class.

"Devin, wait!"

Locke was beside me, as he pulled my arm. He turned me around so that our bodies were facing eachother.

"I don't want to talk about this, Locke." I insisted.

"I'm only looking out for you." He spat out.

"The more you let yourself fall, the more you'll be hurt in the end."

"Hey," Graizen suddenly appeared in between us. I gave him a frustrated look. Of course, he shows up. He is hot and cold with me every day, but yet he decides to waltz in and save the day for me.

"She doesn't want to talk to you."

For once, Locke is right.

"Can't you mind your own business for once?" Locke yelled, challenging Graizen.

My eyes widened as I stared between the two of them. They each held fire behind their eyes, challenging each other. Graizen looked twice as intimidating as Locke, but that didn't make him back down.

"That's no way to talk to your Rex." Graizen's voice was scarily calm.

"I'm your leader, and as your leader it's my job to look out for the people my city. So, yes, it is my business."

"Screw that!"

My eyes widened as I stared between the two of them. Their eyes were dead set on each other's, neither of them backing down. Locke's words shocked me. I had never heard anyone use that tone of voice with Graizen. Well, except for me.

"Excuse me?" Graizen's voice was surprisingly impassive as he spoke to Locke. He wasn't taking this seriously.

"I'm tired of being your little bitch. I challenge you, Dux."

Locke's words sounded venomous as he practically spat them out at Graizen. Everyone around turned their eyes as Locke said this. Challenge Graizen? Does that mean he wants to fight him? Take over his position?

"You know it doesn't work like that. You have to go up the chain of command, starting with the Dux." Graizen simply stated.

"Fine." Locke spat out. "Then, I challenge Aphelia. Friday is the last day of the month. We will fight then."

I remember Aphelia and Ryker telling me once a month they allow fights to take over positions of power. I never expected Locke to challenge anyone, especially Aphelia. Graizen smirked as he broke eye contact with Locke.

"Fine." Graizen agreed. "But, once you lose, you're banished from my town."

Locke didn't flinch as Graizen said this. "Good thing I won't lose."

They both parted ways, storming off in opposite directions. I looked back and forth between the two of them, in complete shock.

What the hell just happened?