Chapter Twenty-Five.

D E V I N 

   Bile rose in the back of my throat as I darted to the bathroom. I practically emptied out my stomach into the toilet. I leaned over the edge as I felt warm hands hold my hair back. Their hands gently rubbed my back as I leaned my head down. The familiar feeling of tingles danced up my back at their hands. I turned my head around, noticing Graizen crouching beside me.

"Please go away." I groaned. "I smell like vomit."

"You also smell like alcohol and sweat." Graizen simply stated.

As he said this, I felt more grumbling from my stomach as it decided to all come out a second time. Graizen didn't move as he held my hair back and rubbed his fingers along my back. The amount of comfort running through me at his simple touch was overwhelming.

"Where did Locke go?" I questioned, as I tilted my head up from the toilet. I noticed Rayner standing in the doorframe, his arms crossed against his chest. He scratched the back of his neck as my eyes fell on his.

"Locke?" Graizen practically spat out. "Why are you asking about him?"

"Locke was carrying Devin to her room, I took her from him." Rayner stated.

"He what?" Graizen practically roared as he stood up from the ground. No. Why did I open my mouth? Oh right, to vomit.

"Graizen, he wasn't trying-"

My voice was cut off as more vomit rose from my throat and straight into the toilet. Vomiting, what an attractive quality. Nobody was holding my hair back anymore as I filled the toilet once again. Rayner sat down beside me as I sat back against the wall. Graizen had vanished into thin air, leaving Rayner and me in the bathroom.

"He's mad at me." I mumbled as I wiped my mouth.

"Two things, Devin." Rayner stated. "He's not mad at you, he cares about you. And, you are in dire need of a breath mint."

I gave him a glare as I crossed my arms. My thoughts ceased as I processed what Rayner just said.

"He cares about me?" My voice was full of shock as I questioned Rayner.

"Oh my god, how dumb are you?" Rayner held his head in his hands as he let out a groan.

"Ouch." I teased him.

"Of course, he cares about you. Can't you see?"

I shrugged as I slumped even further down the wall. A question that's been raking my mind suddenly came to surface. I made my way to the sink, splashing water into my face. I took a deep breath, before putting a dab of toothpaste onto my tongue.

"Does... does Graizen have a link?" I blurted out before I lost the courage to ask this.

"Of course, he does. Everyone does." Rayner stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Everyone does?" My voice lit up as I asked this.

"Yeah, all of us gifted do. We're all made to have a match." Rayner breathed out.

My shoulders slumped over in disappointment. It's stupid of me to even think I'd ever have a chance with Graizen. He's already linked with someone who is gifted, and one day he'll find her. He may care about me like Rayner says, but that will be nothing compared to the love he will have when he finds his match. A fire burned from within me at the thought of that girl. I was so envious of her. I have never been more envious of anyone in my life.

"Hey," Rayner chimed into my thoughts, silencing them. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I reassured him. "Just felt like I was going to throw up again."

"Yeah, you missed the toilet a few times." Rayner cringed as he pointed to the floor. "You might want to clean that up before it dries..."

I nodded as I made my way out of the bathroom to find clean towels. Jax stumbled by the door with a drink in his hands. My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as he slammed the door closed, shakily locking it with his fingers. I've never actually seen Jax drunk before. Sure, we went to parties, but he would never touch a drink.

"You okay, Jax?"

His eyes were bloodshot. His entire body reeked of alcohol. Jax's eyes widened as they landed on me. His long arms immediately went around me, picking me up and spinning me around in them.

"What are you doing?" I instantly became dizzy; the alcohol wasn't completely out of my system.

"Freya." Jax's eyes lit up as he stopped spinning me. My heart sunk to the ground. Rayner ran out of the bathroom, his face drowned in worry. I felt nauseous as Jax stared at me with blurred eyes. I shook my head, horror in my eyes. No. He can't think I'm her, he can't. Hope was filled in his midnight blue orbs as he brought me to him.

"Jax, that's not-" Rayner began.

I screamed wildly as Jax cracked Rayner's neck, sending him to the ground.

"Rayner!" I cried out as I tried to run to him. Jax pulled me back and into his arms as he held my face in his hands. Pain shot up my arm as I let out a strangled cry. He didn't know his strength, he didn't know anything right now.

"Freya, baby, please don't cry. It's me, I'm here." Jax cried to me as he wiped my face. I shook my head as I struggled in his arms.

"Jax, you're drunk. It's me. It's Devin. Freya is dead."

I shakily said as I tried to back away from him. He only followed me as I felt my back hit the wall. My eyes landed on Rayner who still wasn't breathing. What the hell do they put in the alcohol here? I mentally reminded myself to never let Jax drink again. I should've known alcohol and Jax wasn't a good mix at all.

"You're not dead. You're not dead, Freya. You're right here." Jax frantically repeated to himself as he placed his lips onto mine. I felt horrible for him as I pushed him away. He recoiled in shock as he stared at me, his eyes wide. He looked into my eyes, a realization dawned on him. My heart was breaking for him each second his broken eyes stared at me.

"I'm not her. I'm not Freya." I repeated as clearly as I could.

"You're not her." He silently said. I nodded as I held my hands to his face.

"I'm sorry, Jax. I'm so sorry." I cried out to him as I tried to pull him into my arms.

"You're not her." He coldly said as his eyes suddenly went dark. No. Fear was running through me as I frantically shook my head.

Strong arms grabbed my neck and violently slammed my head against the wall. Ringing instantly replaced my hearing as my vision blurred. I coughed wildly as the wind was knocked out of my body. I quickly regained my breath as he slammed me once again into the wall. Pain shot up my body as I closed my eyes.

"You're not her! You're not her! You're not her!" He kept screaming as he repeatedly slammed me into the wall. With each hit, I became weaker and weaker as I slowly stopped fighting back. I felt a metallic taste in my mouth as everything around me seemed to slowly fade away. The slamming ceased as I felt my body drop to the floor. I heard another body fall to the ground as muffled voices were calling out to me. I tried to scream, I tried to move, but nothing came out as my body remained lifeless on the ground. I felt strong arms lift me up as a darkness pulled me away, and I let my eyes completely close.