Chapter Nine

G R A I Z E N

To say I am pissed off would be the understatement of the century. The only hope I have left is that Thia is hundreds of miles away from these people. I'm okay with being separated from her if it means she doesn't have to come in contact with Inferno. Even though each second without her by my side is excruciating, I have to remind myself that she is safe. She must've gotten out, somehow. She has to be safe. She has to be. That is the only thing keeping me sane right now. It's also the only thing keeping me from ripping Jax's heart out of his chest.

"Would you stop giving me that look?"

I let out a growl as I pulled at my chains. After my neck was broken in the cabin, I woke up in this dark room. Aster, Micah, Jax, and Rayner are all with me. We've been sitting here for hours, chains binded by magic to hold us back. Sweat was dripping from my forehead at the pure rage that was pounding against my skull.

"Jax, would you do me a favor and shut your damn mouth?" Micah pulled at her chains as she shot Jax a glare. "You're the one who got us into this mess."

"Can't any of you trust me for once? Give Inferno a chance."

I let out a growl as my body fumed. Yes, a growl.

"Give Inferno a chance?" Rayner laughed hysterically. His laughter echoed through the walls. "Boy, I don't know if you've noticed. We're in chains. They broke our necks."

Jax shook his head, slumping in place. I closed my eyes as my thoughts clouded with images of Thia. I felt a knife in my chest as I remembered our last encounter. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was going to lose her. When I kissed her, part of me knew it was going to be the last. Her golden eyes never left my mind as I imagined that I had my arms wrapped around her. I'd give anything to hear her laugh echo through my ears, for her to challenge me with those golden eyes. I slammed my fists into the wall behind me as I eyed my brother in front of me.

"The second I get out of these damn chains, I'm lighting your heart on fire." I shouted at Jax, my jaw clenched with every word. I closed my eyes. My blood was boiling. Why is it that Jax always seems to be the reason I become separated from Thia? I truly thought there was a relationship left for my brother and I. My weak mind was ignorant enough to believe we would one day have the bond that brothers are supposed to have. We will never have that. Growing up, everything was always a competition to him. I should've known he purposefully hid Thia from me. He wasn't protecting her. Jax was hiding her away in the human world, keeping her all to himself. He kept her from her family, her life, me. My anger was only growing with every second as I writhed in these chains. Jax's eyes didn't leave mine. His midnight blue orbs were staring directly into mine, challenging me. If he wants a challenge, that is exactly what he is going to get.

"Welcome, Donum." A broad man appeared in the room from thin air. The air in the room shifted as I took my eyes off of Jax. I pulled at my chains, my eyes menacingly staring into the unknown man in the room. He was of oriental decent, very tall and slender. He walked with power. The man stood with pride as if he owned the world. That's my thing. Asshole. He won't be standing so tall when I rip his heart out of his chest.

"Well, what's left of Donum." The man laughed to himself, a sarcastic laugh if anything. "I came here to personally welcome you to Inferno. I'm sad to say we only have room for one to join."

Micah shook her head, her back hitting the wall. "One? I'd rather die than join."

"I don't have a problem with that." The man said with a straight face. "That only strengthens the odds for your friends."