Prince Izana X Reader

Start from the beginning

-

After that, for some reason, Izana decided he wanted to take you with him back to his castle. He gave you new clothes, a room, and you were finally able to take a long and relaxing bath and really clean yourself off. You were treated for your wounds and your hair was brushed out. For a while, you were still weary of him and his every move, but you realized quickly that other than a bath and clean clothes, he gave you a chance to be a princess again instead of a warrior. He gave you a chance to be yourself  again, under his watch.

"You wanted to speak with me, so speak." He urged as you looked around his current office space, probably smaller than what he really had back at his home palace.
"When you first brought me here... I thought you were just using me. I hated you, because I thought that you were a liar, a fake, and an asshole who only cared about himself."
You ignored how his eye brow twitched at how straight forward you were, and continued, "But now I realize that you aren't what you seem on the outside. You have been kind to me when I had no one, and I wish for your forgiveness in my fowl thoughts to the one who saved me."
"I believe, you were the one who saved me, Princess."
Your eyes widened, you hadn't been called princess for so long, and it seemed so foreign to you now.
Izana smirked, "When you decided to help defeat those men with my team instead of take off with what you could take from our horses, you saved me from a fatal injury."
I... I did? You thought, blinking as you thought back to that night.
"You could have taken care of yourself, you could have easily saved yourself, Princess. I just wanted to help you, because of how you helped me."
"I see." You frowned, "Even still, the things I thought about you... are no way to repay what you've done for me here."
"It's alright, you're forgiven." He smiled, "Just take it as part of the debt I owe you."
"Wha- you make it sound like a tax system!"
He laughed and you stiffened, finding myself smiling lightly at his joy. You made him laugh.
You smiled at the thought, bowing your head lightly, "Thank you for seeing me, Izana. I hope to spend more time with you in the future, if ever you are not busy."
And you left without another word.

You wondered when Izana would finally tell you to leave, since you could figure out easily that he was not the kind to get attached to anyone, especially not some random girl from another kingdom. He was someone who played the game of royalty solo, and you wondered if maybe he would even force the rules to be changed so he didn't have to get married either, but it seemed fate wanted you to keep close for a little longer.
Izana invited you back to his castle in Clarines' capital with him, to meet his younger brother Zen and Lord Haruka, who he spoke highly of in an amused tone. He and you had taken a late afternoon stroll and he asked you near the end to accompany him.
When you asked why, he chuckled, looking up at the darkening sky, "I think you would like it there."
Your eyes widened and instead of making a suggestive comment, you decided to turn from his beautiful eyes gazing at the clouds in the sky to the ground, "Even though my father was lost in the war, and right now Gryffin is without leadership and heading fast into a disorganized ruin, as long as I am alive there is still hope. Going back to your palace with you would be beneficial in helping to get my people back on their feet, good thinking, Izana."
He was quiet for a moment, and then he hummed gently, "You've been thinking about this for a while, it seems."
"I have." You nodded, "It seemed at first that I would die soon too in the forest, and the kingdom would be left to fates hands without me. But now that I am here, I've decided that I wouldn't be running anymore."
"A stunning and courageous act of you, Princess Y/N. I have high hopes for you and your kingdom."
"Thank you."

At the palace, you were given a first class room and a much bigger wardrobe. You were also given permission to roam the castle grounds, but if you wished to leave you had to see Izana for permission first. You met Izana's brother a few days after you moved in, he called you to his room and you were finally able to see how much bigger it was from the other one, and it was far more elegant.
You smiled in amusement from how overly large it was, just like your fathers at home, before turning to the Prince in front of you.
"This is Princess Y/N of the Gryffin Kingdom."
The second Prince stiffened in shock and looked back at his older brother with wide eyes, "Gryffin-"
"Yes, the one you think of is the one Prince Izana speaks of. I am the only survivor of the royal family, Princess Y/N L/N. I'm sure you've heard of the war?"
"Yes, I have... I thought- ah- I apologize for my rudeness, Princess." He bowed, "My name is Prince Zen Wisteria of Clarines, it is an honor to meet you."
"Raise your head, Prince Zen. It is an honor of my own to meet you as well, I've heard so much about you."
"Really?" He finally smiled, "I'm glad. Well, I must take my leave, but again, it was a pleasure meeting you, Princess."
"You as well." You nodded lightly to him as he shut the door behind him and turned to Izana, "He thought we were a fairy tail, didn't he?"
Izana chuckled, "I'm sure he knew, he probably just thought you'd all been killed in the war."
You hummed, "Well-"
"Excuse me, Prince Izana- oh-" You blinked at the man standing behind the door, he was tall with wide shoulders and had light blonde hair with blue eyes kind of like Izana's, a straight line formed his mouth and he had a rather scary aura to him.
"Ah, you must be Lord Haruka!" You smiled sweetly.