Kaminari Denki X Reader part 3

You didn't see Denki before the Sports festival obstacle course began, but you do remember making eye contact him when you ran past him towards the end. His eyes were a light gold from afar, but up close they seemed more like a glistening honey, and it was a gorgeous moment of mine before you continued on your run through the mind field.
You ignored the pressing thoughts in the back of your head that were freaking out about what the pros might be saying, about how one wrong move and you might be forced to pull out because someone will think you're turning against everyone. You made your way through the minefield, using the shove of air to propel you forward instead of drag me down as much as you could.
Finally, you sped past the finish line, turning to see everyone cheering in the stands. Too bad, they weren't cheering for you.
You were out of breath and just a little horrified when Midnight said that your next activity was going to be a group battle for points. Swallowing hard, you looked around wondering if everyone would purposefully avoid you, but someone from the department class came up to me.
"Hey, we're short one person. Wanna come with us?" She asked, a sweet smile.
Maybe I can pretend she's Rin for just a little while. You thought, "Yeah, thanks."

-

You sat in the prep room alone, not bothering to watch any of the other one on one matches. You listened to Present Mic as he screamed into the mic throughout the battles, the people fighting, the winner, the state of the injured. Aizawa, still wrapped in bandages, did put his say in a few times, but it wasn't anything compared to the way-too-pumped-up-pro hero.
You turned to the door as it opened, revealing Monoma with a slightly shocked look upon laying eyes on you, "So this is where you've been all this time, huh? We're up, you know."
"Yeah." You grumbled, standing up and heading towards him at the door, "I'm going to hit you so hard, you wont be able to speak for months."
The male chuckled, "I look forward to it."

The sun was high in the sky and a light breeze blew your hair to the side as you stepped up into the arena. Raising your head, Monoma stood with a shitty smirk on his face and you wished you could just punch him out now, but you had to wait for Midnights call.
The second the fight began, you charged with hopes at knocking him out with hand to hand. You knew Momona would copy your quirk no matter what, but you knew he couldn't use it nearly as well as you could. It seemed to drone on, until he finally tried to use your quirk against you. You let him hit you, and by activating your quirk at the same time he did, you absorbed the cement on his hand and grinned at the success of your plan.
But Monoma wasn't done like you thought he was.
"Smart. Did you learn that from your father?" You froze, hesitant to hit him now.
Your father did teach you all the things you could do with your quirk before he got arrested, he used to talk about all of the great things you would be able to do, encouraging you to love your quirk.
"I wonder what else you learned from him. What more could you learn from a villain anyways?"
"Monoma, you fucking bitch, shut up already!" You went to punch him, but he easily dodged in your angered state, kicking the back of your leg and sending you down to one knee.
He chuckled as you looked up at him, "It must have been hard for you, living with a manipulative murderer. Did you even know? Did he want you to become a villain too?"
Your jaw clenched and you stood up again, taking a deep breath, there was something in you that faltered and you didn't care about winning anymore.
"My name is Y/N! And who my father is doesn't matter, because I... I'm gonna be a hero!! "

-

The sports festival lasted all day, and by the time everyone had filed out it was sundown. You would have thought that Denki would have just gone home without you and with his other class 1-A friends instead, so you casually went to your shoe locker when everyone had cleared out, taking tour time before you had to go home and eat dinner alone, again.

"Y/N?"
Your eyes widened and you slammed your locker door shut, spinning around to see Denki standing there with his hands in his pockets, a serious look on his face that told you you were having a talk, and not about something funny.
"Denki, I thought you... I thought you went home already."
"I always wait for you. Why would I go home without you?"
You felt your face heat up as you looked to the ground, trying to search for a way out of your situation, but coming up with nothing. Your heart sped up as he walked closer to you, and you wished that you could just disappear.
"Monoma was saying these things about you during your fight, about your dad?"
This is it, then.
"I didn't really know what he was talking about, until the others explained it to me. Tsuyu told me that your father was a villain who caused the two hostage and murder incident two years ago. Is that true?"
I guess, it was fun while it lasted, Denki.
"Yes. It's true." You answered, luckily keeping your voice steady.
Denki fell silent, and he even took a step away from you. Your stomach churned as your chest burned and you turned slightly away from him so you wouldn't have to watch him walk away - but he just stood there.
"If you want to go, then just go already." You coughed out, clenching your fists and waiting for this whole suspended ordeal to be over for good.
"No." Denki whispered, "Y/N. I told you, I always wait for you so we can walk home together. Why would I go without you?"
Your head moved slowly to look at him again, his eyes still held that same serious expression but he didn't look angry anymore, he seemed calm - determined, even. You had no idea what to say, and even if you did you don't think you could speak because you'd just start crying.
"The truth was shocking, I guess. I wish you didn't lie to me. Did you lie about that girl too? The one you sit with at lunch?"
You frowned, "Yeah. I made her up."
Denki sighed and you swallowed back tears, your jaw aching.
"It's okay, Y/N. I... I understand why you did it, I do. But I'm your friend okay? You don't have to lie to me anymore, ever, and I won't lie to you either."
You blinked, tensing up as he gently grabbed your arms, encouraging you to look up at him. When you saw his smile, your walls crumbled to bits and your tears welled against your will. He was gorgeous, perfect, his eyes were glowing in this lighting and his smile could cure all your sickness, all your sadness, and god - if he left you you'd probably die.
"N-no one's ever stayed... after..." You trailed off, swallowing again as Denki pulled you into a tight hug, placing his hand on the back of your head.
"I promise I'm not going to leave you, Y/N. Not like everyone else. I'm not going to hate you for something you didn't even do."
You shut your eyes, another set of warm tears falling from your eyes and onto Denki's uniform shirt as you hugged him back lightly, and Denki didn't let go until you were ready to head home.