Chapter 41: Questions of Sai

Noctis pov

I'm thankful that we are off the Imperial airship but the current situation...bad. Despite it being a sunny day in the Wiz Chocobo Post, our moods were sour and trying to progress information that we have. Luckily, we found a lodging to rest a bit but didn't help with the people staring at me. Yeah, since Alice is unconscious; people spoke in whispers. Such as 'what a good boyfriend' 'why is he carrying that poor girl?' 'Is she faking it?' 'It's so cute to see young love'. Astral, so embarrassing; even my friends were chuckling at their words. We can't say we battle a freaking God, Alice was used a battery to Titan and knocked out. Part me is embarrassed by carrying her like this but inside, I was happy. Sometimes my eyes would glance at Alice's face. Despite her eyes being closed, she has a angel-like face that looked peaceful. Astrals, she is the most beautiful...even if she is trying to defeat the Marshal...Good grief... Currently, we're near the lodging area with me sitting on the chair and Alice in my arms. She still hasn't woken up from the Titan fight as my friends and I started talking about our current problem.

"I still can't believe it. I mean, shouldn't the car have turned up by now?" Prompto asked 

"We should wait until Cindy is done asking around the local garages before we despair," Ignis suggested as my mouth remained close, my eyes were on Alice and my left hand began to stroke her (y/n's) hair color. 

"Let's not fool ourselves. The empire has it." Gladiolus retorted

"Then we can ask Ardyn to help us out again, right?" Prompto said to sound hopeful to our situation.

"The Imperial chancellor." Gladiolus snorted and gave Prompto 'are you kidding me' look

"He represents a problem, not a solution," Ignis stated as he shook his head

"So, where does that leave us?" Prompto questions

"Stranded, awaiting word from Hammerhead," Ignis answered

"In the meantime, we'll have to hoof it," Gladiolus said as I was about to say something until Prompto spoke up.

"Hey look! It's Umbra!" Prompto said as we turn around to see the Umbra, I get up and carry Alice bridal style in my arms.

"Now, this is what I'm talking about," Prompto said as we followed Umbra, Gladiolus sighed and said,

"The kid got it bad." 

"Someone is sending us a message," Ignis said as we jogged passed the Chocobo sigh, Umbra leads us to a forest that had no one around and Umbra stopped. My body turned around to see a familiar face and I said,

"...Gentiana." 

She was still the same after all the years have passed. She has long black hair and bangs that seemed to frame her face well. She wore a black hybrid dress with gold designs on the top and belt. The sleeves had black fur and black fingerless gloves that showed her black painted nails. Her black footless boots continued the gold designs as well and white long scarf around her arms. What drew me in more was her eyes closed showing her purple eyeshadow. Her eyes were mostly closed but that all made her a mysterious individual to most.

"Hear me, O' King of Stone." Gentiana started "By the stormsender's blessing will the path to the Stone be opened. The Oracle hence in her King's name." 

"Luna-where is she now?" I asked desperately 

"The eye of the storm." Gentiana continued "When the covenant is forged, the Oracle and ring shall await their King at the Walls of Water. Stray not from the path."

"But-" I felt movement in my arms as my eyes glance at Alice, her skin began to change to black liquid veins and it started to spread slowly. My friends and I started to worry about this change. Suddenly, Gentiana is in front of me and looked at Alice. As if sensing something is wrong, Gentiana left hand went to Alice's forehead and a blue light shine lightly. My friends came closer to witness this as Gentiana chanted something in a different language, Alice stopped moving and let out a breath. I shocked that she is breath now but this had to be good news right?