Completely Fallen for Her

A sudden thought began running through his mind over and over again.

He regretted his decision.

He regretted not insisting on saving her back then. If only he had decided to save her at all costs, she would not have wanted a divorce so resolutely, and they would not have lost their precious child even before he came to know of its existence.

Throughout his entire journey home, Jin Qingyan was occupied with a myriad of thoughts.

He stared at the dishes on the dining table with a pair of chopsticks in hand.

He had no appetite at all.

“Young Sir, please have at least a little to eat. You can’t go on an empty stomach, your body won’t be able to take it. Besides, you’ve had so much alcohol last night,” said a worried Auntie Chen.

“Alright, you may take your leave,” he answered as he began to dig in.

He would occasionally put down his chopsticks and gaze at the spot where An Xiaoning used to sit as he reminisced about the past. However, the spot was now empty, and all he had left was a memory of her.

Jin Qingyan mindlessly chowed down on the food, which tasted bland and tasteless, just like his life now.

Fan Shixin entered the house, only to be greeted with the sight of Jin Qingyan who appeared forlorn and soulless. “Young Sir, have you been crying?” Fan Shixin asked in astonishment.

Jin Qingyan wiped the tears off his face and said coldly, “What’s the matter?”

“Your divorce with Ms. An has been exposed. The media wants a piece of exclusive news, do we give them a reply?”

“No, there’s no need to share details of my private life with the public all the time.”

“Okay.”

Fan Shixin then turned around and left quietly, finally heaving a huge sigh of relief as soon as he reached the entrance. Jin Qingyan was in an extremely worrying state.

Despite having worked for Jin Qingyan for years, Fan Shixin had never seen him so devastated before, so much so that he’d tear up without even realizing it.

“Fan Shixin!”

Jin Qingyan’s sudden yelling sent Fan Shixin shivering in shock as the latter hurriedly ran towards to the door. “Young Sir, have you got any orders for me?”

“Come here,” Jin Qingyan bellowed, gesturing for Fan Shixin to come forth.

“Coming,” said Fan Shixin as he quickly hurried over.

“Have you started dating recently?”

“Huh?” Fan Shixin asked in surprise, puzzled that Jin Qingyan seemed to be concerned about his personal life all of a sudden.

“Answer me.”

“No, I spend all my time around a bunch of guys every day. Where would I get the chance to meet girls?” Fan Shixin answered, feeling a little gloomy.

“Okay,” said Jin Qingyan as he rose from his seat and took out a handkerchief to wipe his mouth.

“Young Sir, don’t tell me you’re thinking of setting me up with someone? Since when have you become so concerned about your employees?”

“You’re reading too much into it, I was just casually asking,” Jin Qingyan replied coldly, flinging his handkerchief onto the table before making his way upstairs.

Jin Qingyan took a deep breath after closing the door to his bedroom. He then removed his jacket and threw it onto the couch forcefully, before sprawling himself across the bed.