I Love You

He gently pushed open the door of one of the rooms.

He took a peek inside to see a figure, which obviously belonged to Mei Yangyang, lying on the bed with her back facing him.

He then entered and locked the door from inside. Thinking that it was her sister who had entered, Mei Yangyang did not bother turning over to have a look.

Long Tianze began to scan his surroundings and realized that her room was small but rather tidy and organized.

It was decorated like a typical teenage girl’s room, with posters of male celebrities and all sorts of decorative accessories draped across the wall next to her bed.

Long Tianze approached her slowly to find that she had closed her eyes. Looking down from above, he noticed a teardrop on her face.

She had been crying…

He felt a strange sense of joy, since the fact that she had cried just went to show that she cared about him.

Seemingly having sensed that he was staring fervently at her, Mei Yangyang opened her eyes and exchanged glances with him.

Taken aback by his unexpected arrival, she sat up immediately and asked in shock, “When… when did you arrive?”

“I just did.”

Mei Yangyang cocked her head towards the side, away from him, and answered sarcastically, “You’ve already gone on a matchmaking session with a rich man’s daughter, why did you still come here to look for me?”

“It was my parents who forced me to attend it, I was just going through the motions. I’m not in the least bit attracted to that Lin Mingxi at all, she’s nowhere as pretty as you are.”

Mei Yangyang felt a sudden burst of happiness as her initial sadness vanished instantly upon hearing his words. “But she’s a rich man’s daughter. I’m nothing compared to her.”

“Well, that happened because you refuse to be my girlfriend. I’m already 24, yet I’m still single. My parents were worried that I would bring a man home instead, that’s why…”

Mei Yangyang burst into laughter and asked, “By the way, I locked the gate of my house from inside, how did you manage to come in?”

“I climbed in and accidentally ripped my trousers in the process,” he explained.

Mei Yangyang hurriedly grabbed a sewing kit and said to him, “Take off your trousers and go sit on the bed. I’ll help you mend the hole.”

He did as she instructed and sat on her spot of the bed which was still warm, watching as she helped him sew his trousers.

Mei Yangyang heard a knock on the door as soon as she had just finished meticulously sewing the hole in his trousers. It was Mei Shuangshuang, who just returned home.

She could not enter since the door was locked. Upon realizing that her sister was home, Mei Yangyang flew into a state of panic and hurriedly urged Long Tianze to put on his trousers. She then instructed him to hide beneath the sheets on her bed. Fortunately, he had managed to avoid arousing suspicion due to his slim frame.

Mei Yangyang then opened the door, after which Mei Shuangshuang let out a snide remark, “Why do you have to lock the door in broad daylight? Are you up to something shameless?”

“What could I possibly be up to?” Mei Yangyang retorted.

Mei Shuangshuang then laid onto the bed and turned to face her sister. “Why are you home now? Didn’t you go look for your boyfriend?”