Actually, You Can Think of Me More

“I have my own ways. You better handle the matter at the hotel quickly. If this matter escalates onto the news, the business at the hotel will definitely be affected.” An Xiaoning turned around and was about to leave when she suddenly turned back and hugged his waist. With a gentle and affectionate tone, she said, “Actually, you can think of me more.”

With that, she was gone.

Jin Qingyan stood there looking at that small and lively figure of hers leaving, a grin curling up on his face.

An Xiaoning bought two buns before she made her way to the police station entrance and finished them before she entered.

Knowing that she would be coming this morning, Pan Zhenghui arrived there in the early morning and was eating his breakfast. Seeing her enter, he immediately placed his breakfast aside and stood up, heading towards her with his face glowing in happiness. “Mrs. Jin, you’ve come indeed.”

An Xiaoning shook his hand. “Of course, I couldn’t break my word.”

“Mrs. Jin, please take a seat.”

“Chief Pan, you don’t have to call me by that next time. Since I’ve joined, I’m also a part of the team now. Just call me by my name,” An Xiaoning said frankly. “Have all the members of the special group formed by Chief Officer Xu arrived?”

“I got them to come over at eight, they haven’t arrived.” Pan Zhenghui continued, “The contract is in my office. Shall we take this time to go over it, Xiaoning?”

“Alright.” An Xiaoning followed him to his office. The only words she could use to describe Pan Zhenghui’s office were these: simple but grand.

Sitting opposite him, she received the contract and started going through it meticulously. She realized that everything was written prim and proper. All the terms were according to what she had discussed with Xu Yang, so she decisively signed her name on it.

Thereafter, Pan Zhenghui passed her a card and said, “Here’s your salary card. Every month, you’ll receive a salary in your account.”

She took it from him. “Thank you very much, Chief.”

“You’re most welcome.” Pan Zhenghui got up from his seat. “Let me bring you around to familiarize with your environment. It’ll be easier for you to get things done.”

“Alright.” An Xiaoning followed him out.

It was the first time she was able to openly look around the city’s police station. The police officers who passed by all greeted her and Chief Pan in a friendly manner.

Pan Zhenghui introduced her to different places as they went around. When they talked about the formation of the special group, Pan Zhenghui explained, “The higher-up has arranged three members to assist you. One of them is senior officer Ma Jianguo who has worked for a long time in the Serious Crimes Investigation Unit, and the other two are Gong Le and Zu Dong who are both from the armed unit. They’re all very good.”

“Umm, very well. Is there a designated place for us to work at?”

“Of course, follow me.” Pan Zhenghui brought her to a nearby room. There were four desks inside, all of which were facing each other. At any one seat, one would be able to see the other three if they looked up from their seat. It was very good for facilitating communication.

An Xiaoning thought for a moment and said, “Chief Pan, please sit down for a moment. There’s something I would like to talk to you about.”

“What is it?”