The Girl Who Was Possessed

An Xiaoning really did not want to fight with him.

She simply softened her tone. “Didn’t you say you wanted to celebrate my birthday? As long as we don’t drink or sleep together, I’ll listen to whatever you say, okay?”

“That’s what you said.” His anger subsided almost completely.

“Yes, I said it.”

While An Xiaoning had already had a meal and eaten a cake, she had to eat them now one more time.

It was not a great feeling.

But she still ate them. It was already 11 o’clock and the moon had appeared in the night sky covered with dark clouds. Maybe because it was the 15th of the month, the moon was exceptionally round.

An Xiaoning suddenly felt sleepy. “I’m very sleepy, I’m going to sleep.”

He simply did not allow her to leave and even carried her to the bedroom.

An Xiaoning could not open her eyes, and her body felt heavy. She raised her hand and said in a weak voice, “Jin Qingyan…”

“Umm.”

“I feel like I’m out of breath.”

Jin Qingyan switched on the lights and realized that she seemed to really have difficulty breathing. It didn’t seem like she was acting at all. He immediately helped her to sit up. “Are you feeling better?”

She became weak all over and rested on him, slowly losing her consciousness to the point that she could no longer speak.

Sensing that something was unusual, Jin Qingyan kept on calling her name, but did not get any response.

He hurriedly carried her to the hospital and had them do all sorts of tests, but he got a ridiculous diagnosis from the doctor.

The diagnosis was that she had just fallen asleep.

“Why can’t I get her to wake up if she’s just fallen asleep?”

The doctor was also slightly jittery. “This, I’m not very sure too. But looking at her situation, it’s true that she’s indeed just asleep. Also, Ms. An is pregnant now too.”

“Pregnant…”

“Yes.”

Jin Qingyan looked at her lying on the bed, his face bursting with joy. Why didn’t she tell him that she was pregnant?

Could the child not be his?

Jin Qingyan felt that it was impossible. Looking at the report from her checkup and calculating the time of her pregnancy, huge waves of happiness engulfed him. Judging from the time of her pregnancy, the child was surely his.

He hugged her, too overwhelmed by his agitation.

No wonder she did not drink, nor did she fight with him tonight.

That explains it.

Beyond his joy was a deep sense of worry.

What exactly was wrong with her?

How could she be so deeply asleep?

Damn it, he didn’t even know about her pregnancy, seriously…

Jin Qingyan brought her back to her own house and spent the whole night beside her.

But what was truly disappointing was that, even until the following morning, there was no sign of her waking up.

When Mei Yangyang came over, she saw him lying beside An Xiaoning and appeared shocked.

“Master Jin.”