34: I Don't Like Children

The bedroom door opened a few minutes later. What followed was the sound of clothes being removed and, subsequently, the bathroom door being pushed open.

After some time, there came the sounds of the bathroom door being pushed open again and of his footsteps approaching.

An Xiaoning opened her eyes — their eyes met. “Have you eaten?”

“Yes.”

Compared to her eagerness to question him, he touched on the matter lightly, “I heard you went to that house with Gu Beicheng.”

“Yeah, I went to take a look.”

“What do you think of that house?”

“Very good.”

Her brief replies prompted him to turn over and lay on her side. “Do you have something to ask me?”

She outwardly denied, “No.”

Jin Qingyan reached out his hand and gently caressed her collarbone, his voice softening, “She’s only living there for some time. If you want to move there, we can move over tomorrow.”

An Xiaoning replied, “Living here is fine, so why move over there? I’m not moving.”

“Gu Beicheng brought you to Wei Ni Estate on purpose?” Although his tone sounded casual, An Xiaoning sensed his true meaning.

“Are you blaming him for showing me your secret base?”

He planted a kiss on her forehead. “How is that possible.”

An Xiaoning gazed at him.His eyes, which made one cave in easily, were light and refreshing. They were obviously full of infinite tenderness towards her, yet she could not find any trace of his emotion in them.

She reached out her hands to hug his waist and rested her head on his chest. The smell of his unique scent entered her nostrils — something which she had surprisingly become familiar with.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. In a few days, I’d have joined the set for one month already, don’t forget what you promised me.”

“That’s fast. Sure. When that day comes, I’ll agree to grant you a wish.”

She hugged him tighter, and a question suddenly popped up in her head. “Hubby, have you thought of having a child with me?”

At that moment, she clearly felt his body freeze. His hand, which was near his waist where she was hugging him, trembled.

“Why? You want children?”

“We’re already married. We’ll live together for the whole of our lives — of course we’ll have children. How many do you think is good?” An Xiaoning added, “How about two?”

Jin Qingyan’s lip touched her ear lightly, his voice became softer like a whisper, “Isn’t that a bit too many?”

“Then, one?”

“I don’t like children.” These few words made An Xiaoning swallow everything she had wanted to say.

An Xiaoning was no fool. When she’d just gotten married to him, she had felt that this might be her last marriage, but over time, it became clearer to her how important that woman’s position was in Jin Qingyan’s heart. So she became more doubtful about how long their marital life would last, especially after seeing Chi Rui’er today, such burning questions she had had become more evident.

Talking to him about children was only her attempt to find a topic.

Yet he really thought that she wanted to have children with him.