Perplexed and Smitten (3)

If not, he would have just told me straight.

He may be busy with visiting his father at the hospital, but it won’t take long to say a simple sentence, would it?

Was I reading too much into things? Was it just wishful thinking on my part?

Ding-Dong… “Sis Erlan, it’s me,” said Xiao Yue, who was outside the door.

She stood up and opened the door. “Xiao Yue.”

“Here, these are the script for the first ten episodes and the biography of the character you’d be playing in the upcoming drama series. Do take a look. Sis Yangyang may not be in the current production unit but she’s already made all the preparations for you beforehand.”

“Alright.” Fang Erlan took it from her and sat cross-legged on the couch while flipping through the files.

“Sis Erlan, Sis Yangyang said that this is a major production and you’re confirmed to be playing the female lead. However, we didn’t invest in this production.”

“I know. I wonder which actor is going to play the male lead this time.”

“If only it’s still Yan Ge. You guys have worked together before and have already developed a chemistry.”

“The investor, producer, and director get to decide who plays the male lead,” said Fang Erlan, who was looking through the first page of the character’s biography carefully. It mainly described the character’s personality and traits.

“Sis, where did your cousin go?”

“He went home.”

“When is he coming back?”

“No idea. Why are you so concerned about him?” Fang Erlan questioned, glancing at her.

“Because I fancy him, obviously. Sis Erlan, could you give me his mobile number?”

“He doesn’t use mobile phones.”

“He doesn’t? Is he a caveman? Why doesn’t he have a mobile phone?” Xiao Yue asked in astonishment.

“I don’t know.”

“Sis Erlan, what kind of girls does he fancy?”

“I’m not very sure,” Fang Erlan answered, feeling a little guilty.

“Sis, how are things between you and Yan Ge? Any progress?” Xiao Yue asked curiously.

“What progress could there be between us?”

Xiao Yue smirked and said, “Quit trying to fool me, I can see everything. Sis Erlan, you must woo someone if you fancy them. If you act too late, they might just become someone else’s.”

“Well, if he fancies me, he’ll take the initiative to woo me. There’s no use in me taking the initiative if he doesn’t fancy me,” Fang Erlan said while reading the lines on her script, although she did not register them in her head.

“Sis Erlan, I think Yan Ge does fancy you though.”

“How could you tell?”

“I could tell with both my eyes. Sis Erlan, stop thinking that he doesn’t fancy you. Yan Ge is mature and handsome. Take the initiative to make the first move, and make him yours,” said Xiao Yue, egging her on.

“That’s easier said than done.”

“It’s not that difficult to do it. If I were you, I would definitely confess to him first.”