Her Heart Was About to Explode

“Gu Beicheng! Businessmen like you are all despicable, quit being a hypocrite! You’re actually turning down such a great opportunity to get back at Jin Qingyan. Are you out of your mind?” Chi Rui’er hollered, beginning to feel flustered.

“Chi Rui’er, I know exactly what it is you’re after. But I won’t ever resort to such lowly and despicable means. I may be on bad terms with Jin Qingyan, but that’s none of your business. Don’t forget, An Xiaoning is a member of my family,” Gu Beicheng bellowed sternly.

“A member of your family? You’re not even close to your biological family, let alone a sister who’s not even related to you by blood.”

“Don’t you know when to keep your mouth shut and to mind your words? No wonder you’re getting denser. Get lost,” he said with a squint.

Chi Rui’er gritted her teeth and turned around to leave, fists clenched.

She had initially expected to gain the support of Gu Beicheng. However, to her dismay, her plan did not work out.

While on her way back from the Gu Corporation building, she decided to visit another hospital for a checkup.

Yet, the outcome was all the same — she may not be able to get pregnant again after aborting this child.

She began to recall her previous abortion, which had required two surgeries due to there still being remnants of the fetal tissue after the first surgery. As a result, her womb was greatly damaged after sustaining serious injuries from the second surgery.

She began to feel sad and upset at the thought of the traumatic experience.

She had always thought that abortions and miscarriages would not be detrimental. Little did she expect to be struck by an unfortunate event such as this.

Chi Rui’er refused to accept her fate.

She stormed off and headed home angrily.

In a moment of pique, she threw a fit and began smashing everything she could get her hands on in the living room.

Panting, she plonked herself down onto the couch as she burst into tears of agony.

She knew that spilling the beans about this matter to the media would not do her any good, given the powerful status of the Jin family and the fact that Long Tianze was involved in the entertainment industry. Besides, Ling Ciye was also a member of the mafia and triads, which were rather fearsome. Without having someone as influential as Gu Beicheng to back her up, no one would believe a word she said.

However, her main concern was actually the fact that she did not have a backup plan, in the event that An Xiaoning orders for her to be nabbed. By then, she would be in an even sorrier state.

After sitting on the couch for a long while, she whipped out her phone again and began browsing through the latest news.

“Major changes in Cabinet of A City: Reshuffle of staff made across all positions, including Mayor, Secretary, Police Headquarters, Courts, etc.” The head of the Police Headquarters was replaced by Xu Yang, a handsome man in his thirties who looked suave and dashing in a policeman uniform, based on the photograph attached to the news report.

The breaking news of the sudden and major reshuffle made the headlines of news and media reports, and the topic went viral across the nation.

It caused an uproar among netizens as they began discussing it fervently on various platforms online. In conclusion, A City was going through a drastic political change.

Chi Rui’er proceeded to refresh the webpage, only to see that another piece of news had made the headlines.

Chi Rui’er’s heart was about to explode out of her chest.