76: Will You Like Me for the Rest of Your Life?

“I didn’t let her go, she ran away herself.” Ye Xiaotian held onto her hand as they walked inside. “Haven’t I already gotten a few people to take turns donating their blood to you? It all turned out fine. Just take good care of your health, don’t worry about the rest.”

Looking at the expression on his face, Bai Ranran said, “Xiaotian, you seem to be in a bad mood.”

“I’m just vexed about some matters at work, it’s not too serious,” Ye Xiaotian said with a sigh.

“You ought to be mindful of your health too. I wish I could take the best care of you and keep you company every single day. Sadly, things don’t always turn out the way we’d like them to. I can’t wait to marry you, so I can see you every day.”

“The medical technology we have currently is not developed well enough to treat your illness completely just yet. But I believe it will be, someday. When that happens, you’ll no longer have to survive on the blood of others. Ranran, whatever’s impossible now will become possible,” he said reassuringly. He sounded rather exhausted and weary, however, as if he had not had a good rest in ages.

Bai Ranran rested her head on his shoulder and said with a smile, “Xiaotian, I can die without regrets, now that I’ve had the opportunity to be your fiancée, and one day, your wife.”

“Knock on wood! Don’t mention anything about dying, you’ll live a long life.”

Bliss and euphoria were written all over her face as she nodded.

After just a short while, Ye Xiaotian proceeded to send her home, after which he leaned against the backrest of the car seat, his eyes unable to focus on anything. He felt a constant mix of emotions and was more uneasy than ever.

All along, he had thought there would never be a day in Mo Li’s life that she’d be able to escape his shackles. How far could she have been able to run from him?

However, it was all just his assumptions.

Little did he expect that she would actually manage to escape successfully this time and that she had left him for good, to marry another man very soon.

The memory of their first encounter popped up in his head.

She’d boldly confessed in a shaky voice that she liked him, a shy and coy expression on her face. He had tilted his head to look at the petite girl before him and asked not long after, “Will you like me for the rest of your life?”

To which she replied without hesitation, “Yes!”

“You’re willing to do anything for me?”

However, at that juncture, she did give it a second thought before answering, “I won’t do anything illegal, though.”

He laughed at the sight of her getting all frightened.

“Of course I won’t let you do anything like that,” he’d said, because to him, well, he set the rules.

“Then I’m willing to.”

Those words of hers had stuck with him dearly ever since. Even until now, they seemed to sound just as dreamy and surreal as they did back then.

She had become his right after he asked for her blood type.

However, she had been rather reluctant about donating her blood.

He had continued to ask with a smile on his face, “Didn’t you say you were willing to do anything for me?”

She’d hung her head low and remained silent.