78: Feel Like Stomping You to Death

Jin Qingyue took a deep breath and answered, “I will. If it turns out he is really the culprit, then he must have done it because he didn’t want me to find out that that woman was pregnant with his child, and that must be because he cares about me, so he doesn’t want me to be sad.”

Jin Qingyan and his parents were bewildered by her words.

“What kind of twisted logic is that? It seems he had brainwashed you.”

Not wanting to waste his breath trying to reason with her, Jin Qingyan rose from his seat and left.

Mrs. Jin let out a huge sigh as she sat on the couch. “Qingyue, there are plenty of fishes in the sea, why do you have to torment yourself over him?”

“Mother, Shaochuan is a great person. The police have yet to come to a conclusion, haven’t they? Besides, there are indeed many fishes in the sea, but there is only one of Shaochuan.”

“I really feel like stomping you to death. He’s such a playboy who dumps his girlfriends as and when he pleases, do you really think you’ll be the last woman in his life? Dream on,” Mrs. Jin chastised angrily.

Jin Qingyue stood up and said, “No matter how frivolous a man is, he is bound to settle down with a woman one day. I believe I have the charm to make him mine and only mine. Is this all you’ve called me here for? I thought there was something more serious.”

“Where are you going?”

“Out of here!”

“Even though we still can’t change her fate in the end, at least we’ve done everything we could as her family. She only has herself to blame when she comes to her senses in the future. I heard that ritual is extremely spiritual and really works, let’s just give it a try,” said Mr. Jin.

“Sure, we’ll leave it to Qingyan to handle that,” said Mrs. Jin in approval

——

There was much progress in Wang Fangfang’s case, as the police had quickly managed to pin Shi Shaochuan as a prime suspect based on the accounts of Wang Fangfang’s parents. They had brought him back to the police station to carry out interrogations.

Shi Shaochuan remained unfazed while seated in the interrogation room. He answered all the questions posed by the police, including the matter about chasing Wang Fangfang out while she was pregnant. He explained that he had not seen Wang Fangfang ever since they broke up, and he was not aware at all that she was pregnant and whether or not it was his child.

After the interrogations, the police did not release him immediately. Instead, they continued to scrutinize the footage of the surveillance cameras, frame by frame. Alas, they discovered that Wang Fangfang had walked along the road towards Shi Shaochuan’s house where no surveillance cameras could be found. They had also checked up on the vehicle which appeared within the three hours that she had shown up along the road towards his house.

A car appeared four times in the footage of the surveillance cameras.

It had returned back and forth for a total of three times.

It was the only car which appeared the most in the footage.

The owner of the car was found to be Jin Qingyue.

What had puzzled the police further was the twist of events that followed.

They had found out that Shi Shaochuan and Jin Qingyue were actually a couple.

Investigations had to carry on further as they had yet to find out if Shi Shaochuan was present in the car.

“What time did you leave that day?” asked the police.