I Love You, But I Don't Dare to Let You Know

Mei Yangyang dropped the packet of facial serum mask in shock and got out of bed immediately. She glared at Lin Mingxi angrily and hissed, “Hey, you did that on purpose, didn’t you?”

Lin Mingxi put on a pretentious smile and said, “It was just a slip of the hand. It’s just too unfortunate that Ms. An happened to be sitting there.”

An Xiaoning grabbed the bunch of noodles off her head and glowered at Lin Mingxi.

“Clean it up, Sis,” said Mei Yangyang as she hurriedly brought over a piece of wet towel. Due to the fact that the bowl of instant noodles was boiling hot, fumes of steam could be seen wafting from the crown of An Xiaoning’s head, which was badly scalded by the hot soup.

Lin Mingxi craned her neck to take a look and burst into laughter at the sight of a dishevelled An Xiaoning.

In high spirits, she laid back in bed, feeling satisfied as she finally got a chance to vent her frustration.

However, what she did not expect was for An Xiaoning to return five minutes later with another bowl of boiling hot instant noodles. She stood in front of Lin Mingxi’s bed.

Lin Mingxi frantically sat up and said, “I didn’t do it on purpose earlier.”

“I know you didn’t do it on purpose, you merely did it intentionally.” Without another word, An Xiaoning dumped the entire bowl of instant noodles onto Lin Mingxi’s face.

“Ahh!” Lin Mingxi shrieked in pain at the top of her lungs, feeling as if she was scalded to the point of disfiguration. She hurriedly zoomed towards the bathroom and splashed her face with water in great panic. She burst into tears while washing her face, her eyes burning from the spicy soup which caused her vision to become blurry.

An Xiaoning then proceeded to take a shower in the other bathroom while Mei Yangyang cleaned up the spilled instant noodles and soup on the ground.

Lin Mingxi had yet to come out of the bathroom by the time An Xiaoning was done showering. Sounds of her bawling in agony could be heard coming from the bathroom.

An Xiaoning did not feel bothered nor guilty at all. Well, as the saying goes, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

She just had to show Lin Mingxi that she was not one to be trifled with.

An Xiaoning dried her hair with the hairdryer and proceeded to put on a facial serum mask.

Lin Mingxi came out of the bathroom with her eyes swollen and her face flushed as red as a tomato.

Well aware that she was not in any position to retaliate since she was the one who had started the conflict, Lin Mingxi had no choice but to keep mum and climb up onto her bed on the third layer of the bunk bed.

——

“Sis Weiwei, why aren’t you going in?” the assistant asked softly.

Gazing at the entrance of Ye Xiaotian’s mansion, Sun Weiwei said, “I do feel like going in, but that wretched hussy Mo Li is inside. I really don’t feel like seeing her face.”

“Just ignore her presence then. Sis Weiwei, given your intelligence, wouldn’t it be easier than ever to get rid of her presence? You’ve defeated Bai Ranran in the end. Mo Li is no match for you,” the assistant remarked, keeping her voice low.

Shaking her head, Sun Weiwei said, “I can’t use the same method I used to get rid of Bai Ranran on Mo Li. That’ll be too obvious. Brother Xiaotian is going to suspect something. It can’t be that coincidental for the both of them to contract the same virus. I have to come up with another solution.”