28: No Comment

“I’m sorry, but you’re in for a disappointment. I’m going to start work now, please refrain from disturbing me during working hours,” said An Xiaoning before hanging up confidently, without a care about what he thought.

Jin Qingyan had been patronized by his wife.

She actually hung up even before he was finished with his sentence.

It was definitely an insult to him, in the 20-odd years of his life.

Better yet, she actually switched off her phone when he tried to call her again.

She did not have that much of a backbone when she pleaded for him to pick her up from the mountains, though.

Jin Qingyan cast his phone aside, only to see Long Tianze making his way in as the doors of his office opened.

“Upset to see me?” asked Long Tianze. He had cocked his head to the side to look at Jin Qingyan while leaning against the desk.

“Do I have to hold a welcoming ceremony to greet your arrival? Like a parachute show, or a bungee jump, or perhaps even a deep dive?”

“Damn, why don’t you just send me straight into space?”

“I’ve thought of that, to be honest. You don’t have anything good up your sleeve, whenever you visit. Quick, shoot. What’s the matter?”

Long Tianze chuckled and answered, “Will you just trust your best friend? There really isn’t a particular reason for my visit, other than the fact that I miss you…”

Getting goosebumps, Jin Qingyan almost threw his pen at him as he shot Long Tianze a glare.

“Why are you staring at me like that? I’m not finished yet. I just want you to organize an outdoor camp, since we haven’t gone out for some fun in quite a long while. What do you think?” Long Tianze continued.

“Why do I have to organize it? Can’t you do it yourself?” asked Jin Qingyan. As soon as he finished his sentence, he seemed to have realized something and said, “Do you want me to invite Qingyue along?”

“Well, you said that yourself, not me,” answered Long Tianze frantically.

“That stubborn personality of yours. You were obviously implying it, yet you’re still refusing to admit it. If the weather’s fine tomorrow, we shall go watch the sunrise.”

“I’ve already checked the weather forecast. The weather’s going to be great tomorrow.”

“I’ll hand my work for the evening over to my subordinates. Go get ready, I’ll say that I’m the one inviting her.”

“Sure. But I’ll have to bring along another woman, to show how popular I am,” exclaimed Long Tianze.

“Do as you please.”

——

An Xiaoning bumped into Sun Weiwei and her assistant while getting off work. The duo had detested the sight of her during the day. Little did they expect to see her again in the evening.

“Great, you actually have someone to back you up, impressive for a lowly assistant like you. I heard you found your way to the director’s bed?” scorned Sun Weiwei with a strong tone of sarcasm.

“No such thing. I hope Ms. Sun won’t hold it against me,” said An Xiaoning as she quickly turned around to leave, not wanting to talk much.

“Then how did you manage to persuade the director to let you keep your job?” asked Sun Weiwei as she followed her closely.