I've Fallen For You

“Qingyan, since when have you become so distant and aloof, such that you won’t even allow me the chance to have a meal with you? Do you still remember how you used to arrange a ton of surprises for me, just to convince me to have a meal with you? I still remember clearly, the words you said and the way you looked at me then.” Raising her glass, she said, “Can’t you at least have a drink with me?”

Seeing that the bodyguard and cook were both around, Jin Qingyan did not wish to embarrass her. Thus, he clinked his goblet of red wine against hers lightly and took a few sips.

The smile on Chi Rui’er’s face quickly turned into a stern expression as she began to speak solemnly, “Qingyan, the secret I wanted you to know is…”

Before continuing her sentence, she shot a look at the bodyguard and the cook, signalling for them to take their leave.

The bodyguard and cook then retreated quietly. Upon seeing that they had returned to their respective rooms, she continued, “I’ve fallen for you.”

“Since when?” he asked in astonishment. Apprehensive of her words, he said, “We’ve only spent a short amount of time together after you broke up with Gu Beicheng. In fact, it was even shorter than the time I had spent with Maomao. Since when did you fall in love with me?”

“I don’t know when I did. What do you expect me to do now?” she asked, shaking her head.

“You’re really so sure that you love me?” he asked with an indescribable expression.

“I’m very certain.”

“But, it’s too late now,” said Jin Qingyan. He stood up wobbly, feeling dizzy as his head spun. For someone who could hold his liquor well, it was impossible that he had gotten tipsy from just half a glass of wine.

Having guessed that she had spiked his drink, he questioned, “You added something to my drink?”

“Qingyan, you’ve really disappointed me,” she said as she stood up, in an attempt to help him steady himself.

However, he shoved her away forcefully and snapped, “I should be the one saying that!”

He turned around and swiftly walked towards the door, only to black out shortly after taking a few steps. Chi Rui’er hurriedly inched forward to stop him from falling. At that juncture, she was more invigorated than ever.

Jin Qingyan was completely knocked out as Chi Rui’er supported him in her arms and made her way inside her bedroom.

She helped him onto the bed, after which she closed the door and returned to her seat.

She then continued with her meal slowly, in a relaxed manner.

After finishing her food, she ordered for the cook to clear the dishes. Thinking that Jin Qingyan had already left, the latter did not ask much about anything.

Chi Rui’er returned to her bedroom and locked the door from within.

Stood rooted to the ground, her hands trembling uncontrollably, as she was filled with pangs of anxiety and nervousness.

She knew that Jin Qingyan would no longer trust her as soon as he comes to.

He may just stop providing for her and showing any concern about her wellbeing.

Perhaps, he would never want to see her again.

But it was her only resort, her last and only resort…

She had wanted nothing more than to defeat An Xiaoning and cause them to end up in a divorce.

She had wanted to take the latter’s place as his wife and was determined to do whatever it takes to make the child she was pregnant with Jin Qingyan’s.