35: Go to Hell, That Jerk!

Jing Tian continued to probe, “Okay, then in the later part of my life, how many huge accidents will I get into?”

“This is what I wanted to say — you’ll fall and injure yourself when you’re 36, don’t go out unnecessarily in winter that year. Don’t drive for the whole year when you’re 47, it’s fine if you sit in someone else’s car, just don’t drive yourself. There are other small accidents, but not too serious, just be extra cautious. Do you want to know how long you’ll live?”

Jing Tian shook his head. “What’s the point of knowing it now? Since you said I shouldn’t drive when I’m 47, then it means I’ll have no problem living until then. It’s best not to know how long I’ll live. Let nature take its course. I wouldn’t have fears about the unknown, but if I know what are to happen, it’ll be a burden for me.”

“Makes sense.” An Xiaoning stood up. “Other things should be pretty fine for you. It’s late, I should go back.”

“Right, An Ning, have you gotten your pay?”

“Yes, thank you for everything all this while.”

“You’re welcome, let’s keep in contact often. Why don’t I send you home?”

An Xiaoning waved. “No need to trouble you, there are still buses now. I’ll reach home very quickly.”

“Be careful on the road.”

An Xiaoning left his room and headed towards the public toilet. She wanted to use the bathroom before going back.

Unexpectedly, she’d just sat down on the toilet bowl when the lights went off. Following that, she heard the sound of the bathroom door being closed and of footsteps near the door.

An Xiaoning’s heart suddenly jerked. She immediately realized that this was not a supernatural incident: someone was out to prank her.

She instantly regretted coming to the bathroom.

After she was done, she used the light from her phone to find the toilet lights and switched them back on. She then attempted to pull open the bathroom door, but to no avail.

She immediately called Jing Tian — who would have been the nearest to her — but his phone was switched off.

Feeling rather impatient, she dialed Jin Qingyan’s number. After countless attempts, however, no one picked up.

Finally, she made a call to Mei Yangyang.

It went through and she picked up eventually. Hearing that she was trapped in the bathroom on-set, Mei Yangyang rushed over without delay.

An Xiaoning could finally calm down. She sat at the washbasin, waiting for Mei Yangyang to come.

Throughout this whole time, Jin Qingyan did not return her call.

After waiting for about 20 minutes, there came the sound of anxious footsteps arriving, and Mei Yangyang’s voice came from outside. “Sis?”

“I’m here.”

A minute later, the bathroom door opened. Mei Yangyang was drenched in sweat. “Who used a rope to tie this door handle to the door handle of the men’s toilet? Damn it, who could be so wicked!”

An Xiaoning remarked, “Most probably Sun Weiwei and her assistant. Forget it. I feel bad I had to make you come back again. Sorry to trouble you.”

“Sis, don’t be so polite with me. The last time I had to look for Shuangshuang, didn’t you go with me too?”

An Xiaoning took her arm. “Let’s go back.”

On the bus, she said, “Yangyang, I’m not coming back tomorrow. I’ve gotten my pay already, work hard here.”