Her Life Lies in Your Hands

“Tianze, what good can dating a girl like her do for you? You ought to find a wife whose family background matches ours and can aid you in your career. Otherwise, you’ll definitely face a ton of problems in the future.”

Completely disregarding his mother’s words, Long Tianze brushed her off. “Mother, I have something to attend to, I’ll get going now.”

“Tianze!”

He then stood up and stormed off in a huff.

“Go check up on who Tianze’s dating. I want all the information you can get about her,” Mrs. Long hurriedly instructed the butler.

“Young Sir has a girlfriend now?”

“Cut the crap, hurry up and go, quick,” Mrs. Long urged.

“Yes, Madam.”

Long Tianze then embarked on a journey towards the clothing store in his car.

He whipped out a cigarette and took a puff after lighting it up.

Having arrived at the entrance, he sent Mei Yangyang a text message to inform her of his arrival.

Soon after, Mei Yangyang appeared at the entrance and hurried towards him after peeking outside.

She quickly got into the passenger seat. Placing the hand he was holding the cigarette with outside of the window, he reached into his pocket to retrieve a bunch of keys and handed it to her. “Here,” he said with a smile.

“What’s this?” asked Mei Yangyang as she took a look at the keys and grabbed it from his hands.

“The keys to the apartment in Shui Lou Estate.”

What did he mean by giving her the keys to his house…

“Why are you giving them to me?” said Mei Yangyang, asking the obvious.

“To give you free access as and when you’d like, of course. I want to be able to enjoy the delicious meals you prepare when I come home, every day,” Long Tianze answered, holding her tiny hands in his.

Mei Yangyang’s heart began to flutter upon hearing his answer. Just as she was about to speak up, he let go of her hand and took out a bank card from his wallet. “Here’s some money for our future household expenses. I’ll be transferring some money to this account every month. I’ll be in charge of paying for the expenses and washing the dishes, while you take care of our meals. How does that sound?”

“Sure, but I won’t be responsible if you get food poisoning,” she said candidly, grabbing the card.

“I would gladly let you poison me,” Long Tianze said, chuckling.

“You… you’ve gotten such a glib tongue,” she said, glancing at him.

“I’m more than willing.”

She pushed the car door open and bade him goodbye. “I’ll come home to fix us dinner after work. There are still customers I have to attend to, I’ll get going.”

“Okay.”

An Xiaoning tried on the hat Mrs. Jin had knitted for her. She was in high spirits as she recalled earning 50 million dollars the night before, which made her a millionaire.

She had planned to spend her few days’ break from cracking cases resting at home. However, Shi Shaochuan had invited the entire family for lunch at a five-star hotel that afternoon.

An Xiaoning was reluctant to attend the luncheon, not knowing what Shi Shaochuan had up his sleeve this time. However, Jin Qingyue called her multiple times to urge her to show up, claiming that everyone, including old Mrs. Jin, would be present.