56: Nothing More Than That

“Sun Weiwei, do you have the guts the reveal this vicious side of you in front of him? Give up on him, he doesn’t belong to you. You’re nothing more than a younger sister to him,” sneered Mo Li.

Mo Li seemed to have struck a sour note from how Sun Weiwei grew into an uncontrollable rage. Red with anger, she snapped, “Mo Li, you may try your luck if you don’t believe what I just said!”

As soon as she finished her sentence, she turned around and hopped into the nanny van, which zoomed off right away.

Mei Yangyang then continued to help Mo Li up. An Xiaoning could tell that Mo Li was trembling with anger instead of fear.

A huge bruise had formed on the spot on Mo Li’s hand that Sun Weiwei had stomped on. “Mo Li, are you okay?” An Xiaoning asked worriedly.

“I’m fine, thank you, Xiaoning.”

“Don’t mention it, we were having some hotpot and just happened to notice what was going on. What are you doing here?”

“I just came out for a stroll, alone.”

“Let me give you a lift home. My car’s over there,” offered An Xiaoning, pointing towards her car.

“Sure, thanks.”

After getting into the car, An Xiaoning noticed a forlorn and sullen look on Mo Li’s face. “Where do you live?” she asked.

“Ming Yuan Estate.” Seeing that An Xiaoning was not asking her about the incident with Sun Weiwei, Mo Li decided to take the initiative to explain, “Ye Xiaotian is her Godbrother. The purpose of her threats is just to get me to leave him. However, now’s not the time yet.”

“How long have you been together with him?”

“I’m 22 this year, and I’ve been dating him since I was 18, so we’ve been together for four years now.” With a wry smile hanging from her lips, Mo Li continued, “My once bubbly and positive self has been reduced to this, all because of his fickle-mindedness and the torment he has put me through. He’ll never marry me or give me status or anything of the sort, yet he refuses to let me go. It’s probably because he just treats me like a toy and nothing more than that.”

“Why did you decide to be together with him? How did you two begin dating?” An Xiaoning bombarded her.

A gentle expression formed on Mo Li’s face as she recalled and reminisced the past while she answered, “I didn’t get together with him for money or anything. As a young and foolish teenager, I used to find stubborn and strong-headed guys like him extremely charming back then.”

“We’re the same age. I’m 22 years old too, my birthday is in July,” said An Xiaoning.

With a smile, Mo Li replied, “Mine’s in August.”

Mei Yangyang remained silent in the backseat throughout the entire journey, making sure not to interrupt their conversation.

Having arrived at the entrance of Ming Yuan Estate, Mo Li bade her goodbye, “Thank you Xiaoning, bye-bye.”

“Bye-bye,” said An Xiaoning, then she reversed the car and left.

“Sis, I kinda pity Ms. Mo.”

“Some guys are like that. They appear to be a great catch on the surface, but their true colors show only after you’ve interacted with them for some time. There’s a saying that goes ‘Men fear getting into the wrong line of business, while women fear marrying the wrong man.’ Indeed, you should consider someone carefully before deciding to get together with them. I was far too careless,” said An Xiaoning.