I Want a Divorce

Ignoring the fact that her wound was bleeding continuously, An Xiaoning hurriedly proceeded to free herself from the chains as soon as she found the keys.

She walked out slowly, clutching her stomach that was in excruciating pain, which worsened with every step she took.

Instead of leaving immediately, she dragged the deceased hitman towards an obscure spot by the stairwell, after which she took out his mobile phone and placed it inside her pocket. She then found her mobile phone from his clothes, only to realize it was out of battery.

An Xiaoning continued to wipe away the bloodstains on the ground with her sleeve before sitting down at the bottom of the stairs. Having exhausted all her energy, she panted heavily and could barely move another inch.

She was aching from head to toe. To make matters worse, she was also famished and parched.

She wanted nothing more than to escape this hellhole instantly. How she wished she could…

As much as she wanted to, she could not gather the strength and energy to escape. She could only place a call using the hitman’s mobile phone. Although the hitman had Jin Qingyan’s number saved in his phone, An Xiaoning refused to call him.

Instead, she quickly looked up Gu Beicheng’s number in her mobile phone, which was running low on battery, and proceeded to give him a call.

Gu Beicheng picked up almost immediately. Well aware that the number had belonged to the hitman, he said right away, “Just what are you after? Release An Xiaoning and I’ll give you whatever you want.”

Leaning against the wall, An Xiaoning spoke in a feeble voice, “It’s me… I… killed him. I’m hiding under the stairwell in the basement, the other hitman has sent Jin Qingyue away.” She began panting heavily with her eyes half-closed.

“I’ll come save you right away,” he said, ending the call immediately.

An Xiaoning placed the mobile back inside her pocket.

She had not managed to get much sleep ever since she was abducted. Thus, she began to feel sleepy and lethargic all of a sudden.

However, she could only sleep in peace when Gu Beicheng arrives.

Bringing along some bodyguards with him, Gu Beicheng hurried down to the location where the hitmen were hiding. The hitman who was responsible for sending Jin Qingyue away had already left via a secret passage. According to plan, he had headed towards the location where he had agreed to meet the other hitman who was in charge of killing An Xiaoning, after which they would leave S Nation together.

Thus, Gu Beicheng had managed to arrive successfully. He noticed the bloodstains all over the ground as soon as he stepped foot into the basement. He then proceeded down the stairs and was greeted with the sight of An Xiaoning sitting on the ground with her back against the wall and her head tilted towards the side. Her face was stained with blood, and she appeared to be completely helpless.

“Xiaoning.”

Upon the sight of his arrival, she managed to let out a faint smile before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

Gu Beicheng stepped forward to pick her up carefully in his arms and instructed his bodyguards to deal with the body of the deceased hitman.

Gu Beicheng had already informed the press and media of the matter as soon as he left his house. Thus, the news and media reporters had managed to capture the entire process of Gu Beicheng carrying An Xiaoning out of the hiding place, with the latter soaked in blood. An Xiaoning laid motionless in his arms with her eyes shut tight, as her long hair cascaded down his shoulder.