Master Jin's Unfathomable Jealousy

“Well, you’re quite well informed. It has been a while. I haven’t agreed, but I also didn’t turn him down.” An Xiaoning darted a glance at him. “Tell me honestly, is there going to be huge manpower changes in our country?”

“I’m just a businessman, how would I know so much? Why don’t you ask your own husband, Jin Qingyan?”

“Hmmm… are you going to tell me or not?”

“I’m not very sure too, but I’ve heard rumors. There’s going to be a huge transformation coming up.” Gu Beicheng picked out the pieces of meat from the pot and placed them into her bowl. “That’s what they say, but until it is really confirmed, nobody can say for sure.”

“That’s true.” An Xiaoning suddenly thought of Ye Xiaotian and asked casually, “You’re close to Ye Xiaotian. Are you the same kind as him?”

“Says who?”

“Isn’t there a saying: ‘birds of the same feather flock together’?” An Xiaoning pouted her lips and responded, “Tell me honestly, you’re quite a ruthless person too, aren’t you?”

“Quite ruthless, I would say.” He was still beaming brightly. “Amongst people like us, very few are not ruthless. Don’t flatter your husband too much, he’s equally ruthless. On the surface, he may seem quite decent, but he’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

For some unknown reason, hearing his words, An Xiaoning felt somewhat happy. She did not defend her husband at all. “As long as he’s not ruthless towards me, I don’t care.”

“No matter what, you have a family backing you now. Whoever dares to bully you, your brother will stand up for you,” Gu Beicheng remarked frankly. His face was gentle, and his handsome features looked a lot clearer.

“That Ye Xiaotian… does he love his fiancee?”

Gu Beicheng shook his head. An Xiaoning thought he was going to say he didn’t know, but he replied firmly, “No, he doesn’t.”

“Then, is it a business marriage? Doesn’t seem like it.”

“Although Bai Ranran’s family is rich, it was indeed not a business marriage. Becoming his fiance, and him treating her so well, there’s something else behind it.” Gu Beicheng went on slowly, “But, it’s not in your position to know such things. Quick, eat, the food is getting cold.”

“Tell me what is behind it, you’re making me curious,” An Xiaoning asked as she ate.

“Why are you such a gossipmonger today?”

“Well, I love gossiping everyday. It’s just that we seldom spend time together, so you didn’t know that.” An Xiaoning continued probing, “What is going on? Tell me. Quick.”

“Not telling.” Gu Beicheng still kept to protecting his friend’s privacy. “Although we’re family, Xiaotian is my good buddy.”

“Then forget it, I’m not asking anymore.” An Xiaoning had no choice but to give up. “This is so spicy, women can’t eat so much spicy food too often.”

He could not understand. “Why? Is it easier to get heaty?”

“Yes, women get heaty easily. Then we may easily get female diseases.”

“Then stick away from spicy food.”

“It’s okay, I’ll eat them every meal.”

Gu Beicheng watched her with contempt. “If you’re going to eat them every meal, then why tell me that women should refrain from them?”