49: Please Me

“Did you have fun to your heart’s content tonight?”

An Xiaoning decided to play dumb and replied cluelessly, “What fun to my heart’s content? I just returned from the store, I’m exhausted as it is, where did the fun come from?”

Jin Qingyan commented, “You little liar.”

An Xiaoning continued to deny to the end, “Who’s a little liar? Don’t come accusing me if you yourself went out to have fun. Jin Qingyan, don’t accuse an innocent person. If you saw me, why didn’t you acknowledge me directly?”

Seeing how she blatantly refused to admit, he ended the topic and stopped talking about it anymore.

One after the other, they entered the bedroom. Jin Qingyan asked her, “Can you help Qingyue read her fortune?”

An Xiaoning responded, “What aspect of her life do you want me to read?”

“Regarding marriage.”

“I already said before, to read about marriage you need to vaguely know the other party’s birth characters.”

“Shi Shaochuan, I’m sure you’re familiar with it.”

An Xiaoning was startled. “Why did you mention him?”

“Qingyue is dating him now.” As Jin Qingyan uttered those words, it seemed as if they were forced out of his mouth. It was quite clear he was averse to the idea.

An Xiaoning heard this and was immediately visibly shaken. “I do know his birth characters because his grandfather made me read them for him, but I never expected your sister to get together with him. Shi Shaochuan is really a huge playboy. Beneath the facade of his dignified appearance, the women he has toyed with can line up from the front gate to the public bathhouse — my cousin is one of them.”

“And they say women in love have an IQ of zero. This is quite true indeed.” Jin Qingyan spoke as if he expected better from her sister. “Can you help me read if they will get together for long?”

An Xiaoning was actually reluctant to reveal it as it would do her no good. Not only will Jin Qingyue not thank her for it, she would also hate her.

“I already said, if your sister gets stopped by your parents, she’ll put all the blame on me.”

Jin Qingyan could read between her lines and sensed her insinuations, but he still wanted to know, “Compared to this, it’s more serious if she falls into a fiery pit.”

An Xiaoning changed into her nightgown, then went to the washroom to wash up and brush her teeth.

After she was done, she got onto the bed and leaned on the pillow. With her body leaned on one side, she asked, “What’s Qingyue’s birth characters?”

“She was born in the year XXXX, 24th August at 10:24 pm. The place of birth is the old villa.”

She repeated what he said silently, then replied, “Even though I already know how Shi Shaochuan’s marriage life would turn out, seeing the possibility of their marriage together, I don’t what to go into the details. Their birth characters clash. Let me tell you about Shi Shaochuan’s marriage situation: no matter how many women he has, these relationships will end eventually. Even if he gets married, it won’t last long. His grandfather’s efforts were in vain — marrying me was the only way for him to find someone to grow old with, but he didn’t appreciate it and even ruined the marriage himself. That piece of saying is really applicable — if it’s fated, there’s usually no way to change how it happens.”

“Then tell me, will Qingyue marry him?”

An Xiaoning gave a pensive smile. “Want to find out? You have to please me.”