A Million Times for You 4

A joyful smile formed on An Xiaoning's face the moment she recalled her first encounter with Jin Qingyan. She continued, "I only realized later that I was duped and deceived by his appearance. He's nothing like what he appears to be on the surface at all."

"What kind of a man is he really like, then?"

An Xiaoning looked down as she tried to hold her tears back. She knew clearly that no man wanted to hear a woman praise and compliment another man in front of him. It didn't matter even if she was praising her husband, her ex-husband, or her man!

Hence, she ought to think twice before she speaks.

Speaking recklessly without filtering her words would only warrant an early death.

An Xiaoning knew what kind of a man Jin Qingyan really was. How could she have possibly fallen in love with a jerk and even given birth to his child?

However, it was enough to know it for herself deep down. There was no point in telling the truth to Pei Yi.

Hence, she answered, "He's a far cry from the gentle and well-tempered person he appears to be on the surface."

"What kind of a man do you think I am, then?" Pei Yi asked.

"After spending time with you these past few days, I feel like you're the exact opposite of Jin Qingyan. You seem rather aloof and unapproachable on the surface, but in reality, you're kind and good-natured."

"That's because you have no idea how many people I've killed."

"That doesn't matter to me. I don't care how many people you've killed, that's just my impression of you," An Xiaoning answered without blinking at all.

Pei Yi chuckled and said, "You've got such a glib tongue. That explains why he was still willing to sacrifice everything for you even though you're already divorced. Who knows how you sing praises about him when you're with him? But that's not the point. Since you had such an enjoyable time at the hot spring yesterday, would you like to go again tonight?"

"Yes, yes, yes," An Xiaoning agreed excitedly, for she would finally be allowed to go out. Seems like her prayers had been heard.

She would definitely stand to gain from cajoling him and keeping him happy.

Noticing how delighted he was, Pei Yi appeared much more gentle and said, "Let's go."

They entered the elevator and made their way downstairs slowly.

An Xiaoning prayed silently in her heart that she could bump into Jin Qingyan.

She prayed that he would be taking the night shift.

She prayed that she could see him.

Thus, she walked at an exceptionally slow pace.

Her eyes darted all around her surroundings while walking.

She was extremely tensed up while trying not to make it too obvious that she was looking out for Jin Qingyan. After having walked a distance, An Xiaoning caught sight of a few guards on duty, one of whom had a familiar-looking silhouette.

Overwhelmed with joy, she clenched the piece of written note tighter in her fist.

Her panic and anxiety heightened with each step she took.

The guards were all standing a few meters away from each other with their heads hung low.

Jin Qingyan was no exception. He hurriedly stepped on the piece of note, which was crumpled into a ball, the moment he saw it landing near his feet.