91: I'm Done with You!

Mei Yangyang was scooping some noodles into a bowl when she decided to just tidy his kitchen as well. “You’ve got such a nice and well-designed kitchen, yet you don’t put it to good use. What a waste,” she said while wiping away the dust and organizing the crockery.

“Well, it won’t go to waste if you drop by to cook for me every day.”

Startled, Mei Yangyang grinned and said in response, “Aren’t you afraid I would poison you?”

“You may try, if you dare,” he teased and brought the bowls and chopsticks out.

Mei Yangyang removed her apron and headed to the living room, where the heater was turned on at full blast. She sat down opposite him and said, “If there’s nothing else, then I’d better get going, in case it gets too late and I miss the bus.”

He looked up and said, “I’ll send you home. Since I’ve brought you here, how could I let you take the bus home? Piggy.”

“You’re the piggy,” Mei Yangyang retorted.

“After much observation, you don’t look a day over 18, in any way at all. You look really young,” he said, chuckling.

Mei Yangyang pouted her lips and said, both hands cupping her face, “Look at me now, don’t I look like a little goldfish?”

Long Tianze turned to look at her and almost spat the noodles out of his mouth.

“You don’t just look like a goldfish, you are one.”

Mei Yangyang giggled and said in response, “Hmph, didn’t I say so?”

Long Tianze was influenced by her contagious smile and instantly felt a boost in mood just from watching how cheery she was.

The noodles she made were indeed delicious.

Long Tianze was stuffed after chowing down an entire bowl of noodles.

He received a call from Jin Qingyue while he was sending Mei Yangyang home.

He had no choice but to turn the car around and head towards the location Jin Qingyue mentioned.

“Where are we going now?” Mei Yangyang asked in surprise.

“Qingyan’s Sister is stranded alone in a dilapidated area along the suburbs. I reckon she had an argument with her boyfriend and was too prideful to call her family. Otherwise, I can’t think of any other reason why she would head there herself.”

Mei Yangyang gave a nod and remained silent.

They finally arrived to where Jin Qingyue waited. She had initially wanted to take the passenger seat. However, seeing that it was already occupied, she had no choice but to take the backseat reluctantly, with much resentment.

“Why did you come here all by yourself?” asked Long Tianze.

Still red with anger, Jin Qingyue answered bluntly, “Nothing, I just came here to enjoy the breeze.”

“Then why didn’t you go home yourself? If you really enjoyed the breeze, why did you have to call me?” Long Tianze questioned while looking at her reflection in the rearview mirror.

“All I asked from you was a simple task and that’s to pick me up,” she replied sluggishly while leaning against the car seat.

Mei Yangyang turned around to glance at her, finding her rather atrocious. She was still so rude and ungrateful, despite having received a favor from him for giving her a lift.

“Do I send you back to the old mansion or what?” he asked.

“The old mansion, obviously.” Just as she finished speaking, her phone began to ring all of a sudden. She dismissed the call immediately after taking a look at the caller display.