#47 Luhan-Our Story

Dedicated to idc_ili for requesting this:) I hope you're not feeling too bad about his departure. Oh well, enjoy!

★★★

Nelly POV

Chapter 1

I shot down the hallway, looking fearfully over my shoulder. The faint sounds of footsteps pounded madly after me, and I gasped for breath, picking up speed.

And after a hard knock, the ground seemed to be getting closer. And closer.

I muffled a squeal as I fell on a body instead. "Gosh, I'm sorry!" I dusted myself and stood up to run, but the man whom I'd knocked down grabbed my hand. He dragged me into an alleyway, and I opened my mouth to shout.

"Shush! I know that Sehun and Kai are after you! I'm helping you hide!" he hissed as the footsteps got closer.

We grew silent as the two sped past, never giving the little alley a backward glance.

"Luhan." He stuck out his hand, and I shook it gratefully.

"Nelly. Thank you for saving me. I'm sorry for yelling at you."

Chapter 89

I lay in bed, looking at the empty spot beside me. Luhan was working late today, and I wished he was back so that I could be with him. I always felt safe when he was around. Tossing and turning, I fell into a fitful sleep.

Chapter 90

"I'll be home late. Don't wait up. Love you." I sighed. Again.

Chapter 91

Overtime. Again.

Chapter 92

Late home. Again.

Chapter 93

Late home again.

Chapter 94

When the phone rang at four, I wasn't surprised. It was even more unsurprising that Luhan was the caller. And the unsurprising words came down the phone again. "I'll be late home. Don't wait up. Love you."

What the hell was he up to? Hos colleagues weren't having overtime these days as far as I knew. Chen wasn't. Xiumin wasn't. Kris wasn't. Tao wasn't. Lay wasn't. Then why Luhan?

Today felt different. His words seemed different. I decided to do things differently. I would stay up today.

And as the clock struck 10, Luhan's figure wasn't seen anywhere. I glanced at the clock and decided to grab a drink at the bar. Maybe I would feel better.

I pulled off my jacket as I stepped into the bar. There were men downing peanuts and swigging beer, cheering madly at the football players on a small cracked TV. And men lay sprawled out on the tables, hung over from the effect of the alcohol coursing through their veins.

I stared around warily. The people here seemed half demented. Or full scale demented.

Out of the corner of my eye, something caught my attention. A man and a woman sat at a corner. Their arms were wrapped around each other and their mouths were pressed together.

I watched on in disgust as the guy playfully patted the bum of the girl. And instead of swatting him away, she merely giggled and I raised my eyebrows.

The guy grabbed her closer, and I gapsed. That guy was, wait no. It couldn't be. Luhan was working. Not having fun in some bar.

But everything about the man made me feel that it was Luhan. The curly black hair, the milky white skin and the hand movement.