#32 D.O-Chance

Dedicated to exotic_wild, who requested it, and all the cute D.Onuts out there! Enjoy!

★★★

I lay on my bed, scrunched up like a puppy. Life has been harsh, and another blow has been dealt out to me, with no warning, and this time, it comes harder than ever before. I sniff again, and blow my nose into my four hundred and eighty sixth tissue.

I rolled over in bed when I heard the door open. I looked like a pig right then, and I was not showimg anyone that face. I buried my head deeper into the pillow as I heard footsteps enter and me bed sagged down. "Hey, Sarang," a soft voice called. I stopped my sniffling to mumble a small 'hi', before going back to my destroy and throw the tissue routine.

I relaxed a little as I felt a hand stroking my back softly, the hand gentle and steady. I let out a long, quivering sigh and sat up slowly. "Thanks, Kyungsoo," I muttered, dabbing at my watery eyes.

D.O POV

I make my way to Sarang's house immediately as soon as I hear her muffling sobs over the phone. I grab a container of Oreo icecream as I head out. That jerk, Hae, must have dumped her again. She was infatuated with him, I suspect, because she loved their ship name. SarangHae. That kid, I think ruefully, as I run to her house.

When I go to her bedroom, Sarang is lying on the bed, her beautiful hair splayed around her. Her shoulders heave up and down silently as she cries, and my heart ached at this sorry sight. I can never bear to see Sarang crying, because I'll always feel like crying too. "Don't cry Sarang," I murmur, rubbing circles on her back. Why did she always choose that jerk, that jerk that hurt her so many times? I was always there for her, but she never saw me as anything but her best friend. Why Sarang, why? I love you so much, but you never look at me.

Sarang POV

I took a last breath and sat up beside D.O. "Do you need anything?" he asks, his eyes soft with concern. "No. I just need you here, Kyungie," I muttered, leaning my head tiredly on his shoulder. He smelled of roses, and his scent was pleasant. I jerked up my head as I felt D.O wrap his arms around my waist. "D.O? D.O?" My face heated up as he pulled me closer, burrowing his face in my neck. "Hush. Just give me this chance. I've always wanted to hold you like this. Let me have this one chance, please," His voice was full of longing, and the puppy look in his eyes hurt me. "You always loved that guy, and all I could do was watch. From afar. Sarang, I hate being your friend. The friend label is a label I've grown to hate. I want something more than frienship. I want your love, your heart, your attention," His face was deadly serious, his eyes solemn. Something within me stirred, and I couldn't stop the smile that crept up on my lips. "Sure, D.O, sure. Let's be more than friends," I whispered, hugging him back.

We sat there in contentment, arms around each other as the tub of ice cream lay forgotten on the ground, melting away.

~~~

A/N: Hey there! I hope you all liked it! My exams are coming in September, so I'll be going on a semi hiatus in September. You can all request still, but you'll have to wait longer. When exams are over, I'll update properly, pinky promise. Since my exams last almost a month, I shall update at least once a week then! I won't forget this book, extra serious with fatty cream on(my guilty pleasure) Look out for Chenchen's birthday special;) Hope you liked it, exotic_wild! I will try to stop procrastinating, and kill off homework faster. Bye! Vote and comment!

-Venus the homework slayer who needs a magical wish giving unicorn/owl/giant/polar bear/grandmother etc :D