#80 Kai-Superstition

i'm supposed to be on hiatus but i'm churning out imagines like never before. i'm using prompts bc i'm out of ideas (feel free to send prompts bc i will do them one day in the far future!!)

prompt: su·per·sti·tion: a belief or way of behaving that is based on fear of the unknown and faith in magic or luck : a belief that certain events or things will bring good or bad luck

---

he was doomed the day he was born. he just didn't know it.

(he died the day he came but then he had given his soul away already)

-

they had met in the pouring rains, jongin remembered. the night had been dark and stormy, lightning slithering in it's dark black haven, thunder singing its haunting tunes. the world had been silent, save the ghostly pattering of the rain.

the woods were dark and loomed they did, great fir trees bending in the rain, mighty oaks creaking and the tall pines howling mournfully. as he walked into the darkness blacker than the tiger's mouth, he whistled, but the tune today seemed like it had a life of its own, rising up and slamming down.

at the foot of his cottage lay a man, eyes deep and bright and full of spinning worlds. he was soaked to the bone and wore nothing more than a jumper, only now it hung in rags. jongin heaved him up and let him in, lighting the fire as the man lay on the floor.

-

"hello, kyung, my love," jongin murmured, shrugging of the woes of the day. kyungsoo merely gazed out of the window and jongin sighed, perching himself beside the man.

"there was a bee crawling all over our honey today, and i was scared," he whispered, leaning against jongin's broad chest. "i killed it before it stung me though, so all is good."

jongin nodded. he remembered the bee that had always buzzed in in the morning, always sitting quietly on the honey before it left. it would be funny to live without it, but anything for kyungsoo.

-

it was strange, jongin thought. he couldn't find his acorn necklace anymore. it was always hanging inconspicuously around his throat, and jongin liked to say it camouflaged againat the ripe brown of his skin. maybe it had broken or something, he thought, dismissing it as he began to write a letter.

-

"jongin-ah, my fingers hurt," kyungsoo whispered, big eyes gleaming. jongin stooped down and pressed his lover's fingers against his lips gently, liking how they felt, small and smooth.

"what are you sewing?" he asked, noticing that there was something in kyungsoo's lap. it was made with scraps of red and black fabric, but jongin couldn't make out what it was.

"a quilt, but i think i'm giving up. my fingers really do throb," kyungsoo replied, full lips curving in a slight pout.

jongin wondered what he had done to deserve a man like kyungsoo in his life.

-

"happy birthday to you~"

kyungsoo gasped as jongin came in carrying a cake, dotted with twenty three candles, light burning steadily.

as jongin stepped closer, the flame was gone.

"yah! why did you blow my candles?"

"it was the wind, i swear!"

"oh?"

and they both ended up with more cake in their hair then their tummies.

-

"ow! it hurts!"

"what does, my dear?"

today was the first day of winter. as he always did, jongin rang the bell in hopes that santa would come (even if it never worked).

"my ears, the bell is too noisy."

"sorry, i was just hoping for santa to notice me!"

and away he dashed to catch the first snow.

-

"goodbye, my love, i'll see you saturday!"

jongin enveloped the older man in his signature bear hug, breathing in his scent. kyungsoo was going back to see his family for a week, before he would be back in jongin's arms.

"i'll miss you."

jongin nodded, pressing himself tighter against kyungsoo. "just a second more, i just want ti hold you tighter," he mumbled, before he let go of kyungsoo.

"go, my love, and come back!"

"i will."

and so jongin watched kyungsoo walk away, before he thought how beautiful the world looked from the bridge.

-

"l-let me go," he gasped, writhing fitfully.

darkness curled its fingers even more tightly and jongin spluttered. why, why, couldn't he have a happily ever after? here he was, forty four, miserable and alone.

kyungsoo had never came back and jongin had never been the same.

"oh dear jongin, why didn't you listen to the old wives tales, oh jongin, why did you ignore them, oh jongin, jongin, jongin."

"what do you mea-"

"oh jongin, don't you know that candles are snuffed by the presence of devils and that bells hurt them so?"

"oh jongin, don't you know that marriage will never come to those who have unfinished quilts?"

"oh jongin, don't you know that acorns bring luck and ensure a long life?"

"oh jongin, don't yoy know tha if you say good-bye to a friend on a bridge, you will never see each other again?"

"oh jongin, don't you know that if a bee enters your home, it's a sign that you will soon have a visitor? that if the bee was killed you would have bad luck and an unpleasant visitor?"

"oh jongin, child of wednesday, you were doomed to die for

Monday's child is fair of face;

Tuesday's child is full of grace;

Wednesday's child is full of woe;

Thursday's child has far to go;

Friday's child is loving and giving;

Saturday's child works hard for a living.

But the child that is born on the Sabbath day

is fair and wise."

"oh jongin, don't you know that you've been living with the devil all along?"

~~~

a/n: omg whee i am getting into the groove of writing :-) i quite like this style tbh but this is me being terribly lazy :p dedicated to all the jongin stans out there, and to all the rockers who left comments on the last piece. i love you ;) infires, man /wiggles eyebrow/, i am infired by the prologue :^ i've had butterfly on loop all day long :) and apparently this is my 80th imagine because i have two labelled 77 so here's to a milestone! have a great weekend~

(bangtan is making their way up my ranks and guess what that means ;) )

-venus