#50 Chen-Escape

Dedicated to XiuchenUnicorn who requested this, and whose birthday is today! Happy birthday, and may all your wishes come true:)

★★★

The moon hung brightly in the sky, but as seconds turned into hours, it slowly got enveloped. By the dark clouds flitting in the night sky.

And gradually, its light disappeared off the face of earth. And before it disappeared, it's last ray fell upon something. And then it was gone.

The two black figures were now nowhere to be seen in the ominous darkness.

December POV

"Shush. We must not make a noise. Or death shall befall upon us."

I nodded my head, and tugged at my black sweater. Following Chen's shadowy figure, I turned left. The cold iron gate stood menancingly, twenty metres away from us. I crouched behind a rubbish cart and looked around carefully.

No one. Good.

I stood up to advance, but Chen jerked me down harshly. He placed a gloved hand on my mouth, and I fell silent.

The sound of footsteps could be heard.

And it was getting closer. And closer. I felt the cart being kicked and it revved up, hitting me in the shin. I bit down hard on the hand covering my mouth in an attempt to contain my pain.

I felt Chen wince, but his hand never moved. The footsteps faded and I let out a sigh, rubbing my knee.

"Pabo! Why did you bite my hand?" His voice was a low hiss, and his face could barely be seen in the dark.

"You'd have screamed if you got hit. Now shut up. Let's get moving."

We both dashed to the tree beside the gate and listened for signs of life.

There was none. All clear.

I nodded to Chen and he threw me a rope. Tying a noose, I flicked it onto a sharp point of the gate and tightened it.

I watched as Chen did the same. We grabbed the ropes and scaled over the wall, narrowly missing the barbed wire lining the gate.

"Let's go. We need to find Minseok."

We padded to the door, but it was obviously locked. Chen drew out a glass cutter and drew a neat square on the window. Removing the glass, we jumped in, careful not to make a noise. 

We paused behind a huge vase that lined the silent hallway, our hearts thudding at the huge assignment ahead.

"Wait. Thirty seconds to run. Ten seconds till the cameras turn." I nodded. Chen had figured out when the security cameras would be on, and I began counting slowly.

Eight. Nine. Ten.

I pulled Chen across the hall and dashed up the stairs, avoiding the potential hideout points.

We flopped behind a huge statue and caught our breath.

"Twenty seven seconds. We have a lot to work on," Chen hissed. Bad. This was bad. I hung my head low. At this rate, we were going to die. The run should have only taken eighteen seconds, twenty at most. And we were taking twenty seven seconds.

Survival in the Exodus Prison was harder than I though it would be. And getting a guy out of prison was going to be even harder. Minseok had been caught snooping through the files of our biggest enemy-tyrant Youngmin Kim. He'd killed off the previous head, L. Soo Man. What the L stood for we never knew. But the SM [Southern Mafias] were as ruthless as they were merciless. And their named reeked of danger and dodgy dealings.

EXO One Shots/Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें