Media reaction to Andrew/ Neil

How does the media view Neil and Andrew? Do they have rabid fans of their own? Like I'm laughing trying to imagine Neil trying to buy a coffee and suddenly getting hounded for his autograph by this group of small students or something

I feel like Neil's and Andrew's fans would be really interesting people, fanatical but skittish as hell–because they are basically obsessed with people who can and might definitely kill them?! Like, one is the son of a crime lord, who's got all kinds of wicked scars and was kidnapped holy shit is this real life, and then one has been to juvie and on court trials and maybe killed his own mother oh my god.

So you get a crowd of people who love them because they're so perfect together on the court, and who love Andrew's "I don't care" attitude and Neil's sassy determination, and yet who have to kind of dare each other to approach them if they're spotted in public.

I think Andrew's manager would have to write "Must give out autographs" into his contract because if someone approached him otherwise Andrew would just stare them down until they sneaked away upset and unnerved.

Either way, kudos to the first person brave enough to pop the question! I would love to see Neil's flabbergasted reaction.

((In the same vein, I pity whichever obsessive dumb fuck asks Neil to sign Nathaniel Wesninski on the proffered fan material.))

The media, of course, thinks they are an amazing source of material. Neil can't talk about Riko anymore, but he can definitely open his mouth about players who give him grief about his background or teams that have dirty playing styles. Instigator for life.