Monty (Requested Imagine)

Requested by: shayleighmcnally

   "You sitting with me at lunch again?" Monty asked me before second period.

   I sighed sarcastically, "if I must," I said jokingly.

   Monty smiled, "oh admit it Y/N, you looove me."

   I rose an eyebrow at him and asked playfully, "do I now?"

   He chuckled shaking his head, "I'll see you after class." He leaned in a placed a light kiss on my forehead and then walked away down the hall.

   My best friend Alex walked up to me just as I grabbed my textbook from my locker. "So," he smirked. "You and Monty?"

   I rolled my eyes at him, "we're friends...kinda," I admitted with a small smile. I mean yeah it was true, Monty and I aren't dating, we're just really close.

   Alex on the other hand doesn't believe that though.

   "Hmm friends huh?" He questioned suspiciously while closing my locker for me. "Last time I checked, 'friends' don't kiss each other on the forehead."

   I slapped him lightly on the arm and he just smirked once more at me. We walked to class together and Alex kept pestering me about Monty.

   Monty and I had been friends since the beginning of grade eight and that's all we've ever been up until now.

English went by pretty quickly and it was now lunch.

Alex and I walked to my locker so I could grab my lunch.

I put my books away and saw Monty enter the school and walk over to me.

"For you," he said with a smile as he passed me an iced coffee.

I grinned, "you're the best." I looked over at Alex and I saw him smirk at me, "oh shut up," I grumbled at him.

Monty slung his arm around my shoulder and the three of us walked down to the cafeteria. We found the others at a table in the middle of the cafe and we sat with them.

Alex sat next to me and Monty sat across from me.

Some time went by where all of us at the table talked and laughed at random shit we said. Suddenly I felt Alex nudge my arm and I looked over at him.

Alex just nodded his head in Monty's direction.

I looked over at Monty and saw him looking at me. I blushed softly and made eye contact with him. He chuckled and kept looking at me with this loving, kind look.

We stayed like this for a couple minutes, taking subtle glances around the room every now and again. We were both smiling like idiots.

Monty then reached his hand across the table to gently hold mine. He rubbed his thumb softly on the back of my hand making me blush and look down at the table.

"Oh just date already," I heard Zach yell from down the table. "I've had enough of this 'friend' shit. You guys got chemistry, deal with it."

Then Justin spoke up with a chuckle, "yeah I'm tired of it too."

Monty turned away from the guys and looked at me again, "well then, what do ya say? Wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked quietly as a hint of pink crept into his cheeks.

I nodded with a small smile, "I'd like that."