Monty (Requested Imagine)

Requested by: wdwfangirl8000

*Trigger warning: mention of drug use and attempted suicide*

"Hey Monty," I spoke softly through the phone. "Could I come over?"

"Yeah sure, baby," he said.

"Okay I'll see you in ten." I hung up the phone and threw a sweater on before heading out the door.

I decided to walk to Monty's since he didn't live far and the weather was pretty good at the moment.

I wasn't feel good emotionally today. It's been almost a year since my twin sister Hannah died and it's been messing with me a lot lately. I've had depression for a while, mostly because of her death and I thought it was getting better but it's not.

I continued walking, breathing in the fresh air and taking in the bright green trees blowing in the wind.

I got to Monty's house and he had the door unlocked for me to come inside.

"Monty, I'm here!" I called.

"I'm in the kitchen," he replied.

I went to the kitchen and saw Monty making a sandwich. "Hey, Y/N," he said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

   I buried my head in his chest to try and hide my crying.

   "What's wrong, babe?" He asked pulling away from the hug to look at me. When I didn't respond he asked again, "what's wrong? I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong." He insisted.

   I took a deep breath, "it's Hannah."

   Monty sighed and pulled away from the hug and went back over to his sandwich.

   I was confused, "what's your problem?" I mumbled

   "You," he blurted out turning to face me. "She died a year ago and you still act like she died yesterday! Every time we hangout she's all you talk about and I'm fucking sick of it!"

   I was taken back by this, "well I'm sorry if she's my sister and I fucking miss her," I spat. "And I do not talk about her all of the time!"

   He chuckled harshly, "yes you do. And I'm tired of having you put all of your problems on me because I have problems of my own! I can't be trying to fix yours twenty four seven!"

   "I'm fucking sad Montgomery! What do you want me to do about it? Act like her death never happened?!" I argued.

   He rolled his eyes, "but see that's the thing," he said slamming his fist on the counter. "You aren't just 'sad'! You spend every day and night sulking about it! You need to let her go for god sake!" He yelled. "She's dead, Y/N! You can't bring her back!"

   I shook my head at him, "fuck you, Montgomery. You don't know what it's like to loose someone you love." And with that I turned around and left his house.

   Just my luck, it was pouring rain outside as I left. I made a run for it to my house hoping to get there quick.

   By the time I got home my clothes were soaking wet but I didn't care.

   I walked upstairs to my parents bathroom and took a bottle of some prescription medication.

   I took the bottle with me to the bathroom and set it down on the counter.

   I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Monty.

Me: I'm sorry for putting all of my issues on you. I didn't know you felt that way. Please remember how much I love you.

   I opened the bottle and poured the pills into my hand. I brought my hand up to my mouth and quickly swallowed the pills and then drank some water to help them go down.

   My back slid down the wall until I sat on the floor. My phone lit up with a text from Monty.

Monty: Y/N, whatever you're about to do please don't do it.
Monty: I'm coming over right now.

   I didn't know how long it would take for these pills to kick into my system so I just stayed put on the floor and waited.

   A few minutes went by and I could feel my body getting lighter and my vision became blurry.

   That's when I heard my front door bust open. Footsteps were coming up the stairs and I soon saw Monty rushing into the bathroom.

   He took one quick glance at me, then the pills on the counter, then back at me. "Fuck! No no no no!" He cried.

   Monty pulled out his phone and called the police while crouching down to where I was seated.

   I could hear him talking on the phone for a few seconds and then everything went black.

*****************

   I woke up in the hospital with Monty sleeping in the chair next me.

   "Monty," I whispered.

   Monty jolted awake and looked at me with relief, "oh my god your awake! The doctor didn't know if you'd make it or not. The medication you took was really strong and you took a lot of it."

   Tears rolled down my cheeks, "I'm sorry," I cried. "I'm so so sorry Monty."

   He came closer to my bed and held my hand, "I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to make you feel like that. I shouldn't of said what I said because now I do understand what it feels like to loose someone I love. Or almost loose," he told me as tears began to flood his eyes.

   "I love you, Montgomery. And I'll try to get better for you," I smiled lightly.

   He smiled back, "I love you too, Y/N. With all my heart. Take all the time you need, I'll be here."

   And with that, he leaned down and placed a soft, meaningful kiss on my lips.