Monty (Imagine)

My extended family, meaning my aunt Layla, Uncle Curtis, and my cousin Seth, were coming down from Vancouver to visit for the first two weeks of April, seeing as Seth was on reading week for his first year of university.

   Monty, my amazing boyfriend of almost two years now was away with the baseball guys for the first week of April at some baseball camp that coach recommended.

   My cousins plane landed at the airport and I waited for them to leave the plane.

   My parents were back at home getting dinner ready for when they got here.

   I helped my aunt, uncle, and cousin with their bags and began the hour long drive back home.

   "So Y/N, I hear from your mother that you have a boyfriend," my aunt Layla spoke up.

   I haven't seen them for two years now because money is tight for both of our families to be flying to see each other, so that's why she's asking about me having a boyfriend.

   I smiled at my aunt before turning my attention back to the road, "yeah," I gushed. "His name is Montgomery, Monty for short. We've been dating for almost two years now. I love him to pieces."

   "Will we get to meet him?" My uncle asked, joining in on the conversation.

   "Not this week, but next week for sure. He's away at a baseball camp with his school team right now for the week."

   "He's a baseball player? Is he any good?" My uncle asked.

   "Yeah he's really good, I go to basically all of his games," I replied.

   "Well I'm glad you found someone that makes you so happy hun," my aunt spoke up.

**********************

   The first week had gone by quite nicely. I would go to school as per usual, then I would go home and Seth and I would hangout at Monet's, or at the park or the movies. Basically anywhere I could think of.

   It was Saturday and Monty was going to be coming home tomorrow morning.

   I was super excited to introduce him to aunt Layla, Uncle Curtis, and Seth because even though I don't see them often, they are really important to me.

   Seth and I decided that since it was a pretty shitty day today due to rainy weather, we would stay inside and make chocolate chip cookies.

   We gathered the ingredients on my kitchen counter and preheated the oven to the temperature that was stated in the instructions.

   Mid-way through making the cookies I decided to take a small video of Seth and I making a complete mess in the kitchen and posting it on my Snapchat story.

   "Can I put them in the oven now?" Seth questioned, not even bothering to wait for my response as he pushed the tray of raw cookie dough clumps into the oven.

  "Yes," I rolled my eyes at him. Seth started walking out of the kitchen but I stopped him, "hey hey hey! You're helping me clean buddy, you made this mess to asshole!" I blurted.

   He turned around to face me, stuck his hand in the bag of flour before taking it out and throwing a heap of flour all over me, "okay," he answered before moving towards the sink to wash the dishes.

   I rushed over to the sink, taking the sink faucet and spraying it at Seth.

   This ended up turning into an all out flour and water war between the two of us before I realized my phone was completely soaked in water, "shit shit shit! Seth grab the tub of rice above the fridge!"

   He did, opening the lid, allowing me to sink my phone into the rice, not even caring that I would have to throw the entire tub of rice out afterwards.

    "You're still helping me clean," I glared at Seth jokingly.

   He chuckled, "as long as I ain't paying for a new phone for you."

***********************

Sunday came around and it was almost noon.

I was getting a little worried since Monty was supposed to be back from the trip at nine in the morning but he hasn't came by my house yet like he said he would.

Unfortunately, I couldn't call or text him seeing as putting my phone the rice didn't help and my phone ended up being broken.

"Hey mom!" I called from the bottom of the stairs. "I'm going to Monty's house to see if he's gotten home yet, okay?!"

"Okay dear! Drive safe!" She yelled from her bedroom.

My aunt and Seth were out shopping for grocery's at the moment, and my uncle and my dad were out fishing so it was just me and my mom home.

I grabbed my car keys from the key hook by the door after I put my shoes on. I got in my car and drive to Monty's house.

Once I pulled up to his house, I knew he was home because his blue truck was parked in the driveway.

I thought it was strange because before he left last week he said he would be coming over right after he got back and unpacked his things.

I shrugged off my thoughts, getting out of my car and going up to the front door, knocking a couple times.

Soon after, Monty opened the door.

"Hey baby," I smiled cheerfully at him.

"Hey," he said emotionless.

"Monty what's wrong?" I asked confused.

"Nothings wrong, Y/N. What are you doing here?"

My lip quivered slightly, "I umm—you told me you were going to come over and you never did..." I trailed off, averting my gaze to the ground.

"Well I thought you'd enjoy more time with your new boyfriend. Since you would much rather spend time with some random guy while ignoring my texts," he spat.

I looked up at his in disbelief, "boyfriend?" I clarified. "Ignoring you? What are you—" Than I clicked. He saw my video on my story of Seth. I let out a small laugh under my breath. "Baby." I stepped inside his house and he didn't fight it. I put my right hand on his cheek and looked up at him lovingly, "that was my cousin Seth. Him and his parents are staying over until next week. And I wasn't ignoring you, my phone got soaked with water and it broke," I explained.

I watched as Monty's head fell, his eyes now meeting the ground.

"Baby, hey look at me," I told him, lifting his chin so he was looking at me again. He had tears in his eyes. Something I had never seen before was Monty crying. In the almost two years we've been dating, I only saw him cry one other time before this. "You don't need to worry about me leaving you for another guy okay?"

He nodded, "I just thought that—"

I cut him off, "Monty I love you. And I will always only love you. No one else, because no one else will ever understand or love me as much as you do okay?" I pulled him closer, wrapping my arms around his waist and snuggling my face into his chest.

"I love you too baby, I'm sorry for thinking otherwise," he said, his words slightly mumbled from his face being smashed into the crook of my neck.

I pulled away from the hug and smiled brightly at him, "my aunt, uncle, and Seth all want to meet you, so why don't we watch a movie together first and then we can go back to my house for dinner?" I suggested.

Monty just nodded, answering with a small okay as he grabbed my hand and pulled me over to his couch where we spent two hours watching 17 Again until it was time to head back to my house.

*****************
My endings are too sappy in all my imagines so I think I'm gonna start switching them up so it's a big emotional roller coaster... (;