Happy Birthday! - Cole and Lloyd

Cole
Cole's POV
Cole: Okay so, the decorations are up , her presents are on the table and the food is ready. But, why do I feel like I'm missing one thing?

I look at everything I set for Cloe's birthday today. I want this all to go great for her perfect day. But, what else could I possibly forgetting? Oh, the cake! That's right! How could I forget the most important dessert ever. I asked Jay to go pick it up for me and so I leave to go find him. But, as I walk into the kitchen, I hear a loud thud.

Cole: Ah, Jay, what did you do this time?

I ran to where the noise came from and then I see Jay on the floor with his face in Cloe's cake.

Cole: Jay, is that what I think it is?

Jay gets up from the floor and points at Emily and Kai who are standing behind the door frame.

Jay: Kai tripped me and Emily just started laughing at me in which made me fall and Cloe's cake.
Emily: Well, you should've been more careful and watched where you're going, Zaptrap.

The three start to argue with each other for awhile until I break them up.

Cole: Okay, okay. That's enough you guys! It's all three of your faults because now we don't have a cake Cloe's birthday.
Emily: Then, why don't you just go get a new one?
Cole: Because we don't have time and Cloe will be here in ten minutes.

I start to pace back and forth until I come up with an idea.

Cole: I know! I can make the cake!

Jay, Kai and Emily start laughing at me.

Cole: Guys, what's the deal? I mean like why are you laughing?
Emily: Cole, it's just that if you're gonna make a cake, then have Zane do it because he could do it faster and it would still turn out good.
Cole: Why? Is my cooking really that bad?
Emily: Well, kinda.
Cole: You know what, forget I said that. Jay, go wash your face. Kai and Emily, go get Amelia and Lloyd to help me and Zane with the cake.
Emily: You got it, boss.

Emily says as she and the guys run off and I go to the kitchen hoping that the cake will be ready before Cloe gets here.

A few minutes later........

*knock**knock*

That must be Cloe. Everything is going according to plan so I open the door and welcome her with a hug.

Cloe: Hey, Cloe, I'm back! Did you miss me?
Cole: Yes, I did my Lois Lane.
Cloe: What are we supposed to be, Clark Kent and Lois Lane? You know, two of my younger cousin's childhood friends.
Cole: Amelia is friends with Superman and Lois Lane?
Cloe: Well yeah. She's friends with all of the superheroes Marvel and DC.
Cole: Wow, no wonder she's so popular.
Cloe: That's because she gets all the love and support from them. But, enough about superheroes and let's make today a perfect day for me.
Cloe: You're right. Let's go!

Once me and her entered the kitchen, I turned the lights on and everyone including me jumped up and yelled.......

"Surprise! Happy Birthday, Cloe"

Cloe: Aw, thanks you guys. Cole did you plan this for me?
Cole: Just with a little help from your cousins and my team.
Emily: Now, who wants some cake?

Emily shouts as everyone grabs a plate when Zane starts to cut it.

Cole: So, do you like your party?
Cloe: Do I like it? I love it!

She hugged me really tight and kissed my cheek until we were interrupted.

Emily: Hey, lovebirds. Quit being lovey dovey over there and come get some cake before there's no more left.

Emily yells showing only two pieces of cake.

Cloe: This cake tastes good. Where did you get it.
Cole: It's homemade.
Cloe: Who made it? Was it you?
Cole: Zane did.
Cole: Okay.
Cole: Wait, you like my cooking?
Cloe: Yeah, of course.
Cole: You're lying, aren't you?
Cloe: Nope.
Cole: Tell me the truth.
Cole: No!

She says as she turns around with a piece of cake on your plate and runs away.

Cole: Cloe, get back here right now!
Cloe: Make me, you bedrock.
Cole: I am not a bedrock!
Cloe: And I am not telling you the truth!

Lloyd
Lloyd's POV
Lloyd: Okay, everyone. Amelia will be here in ten minutes. Is everything ready?
Cole: Decorations, check.
Stacie: Lights, check.
Jessie: Balloons, check.
Nya: Presents, check.
Gill: Cake, check.
Lloyd: Okay, good. Everything is going according to plan.
Woody: Alright, everyone. We've got about ten minutes until Amelia gets here and when she does, we will——
Kai: Hide and when she walks into the room, we jump out and surprise her.
Woody: Okay, Kai. Next time when I'm talking, you do not finish my sentence for me.
Kai: Well, my bad, Sheriff.
Amelia: Hello, is anyone home?
Woody: She's home.
Lloyd: Places, everyone.

I whisper yell and hide behind the door as I hear Amelia's footsteps get louder. I hold up my hand for the others to see as I count down to five, four, three, two, one when Amelia walks into the room and everyone yells...

"Surprise! Happy Birthday, Amelia!"
Lloyd: Happy 18th Birthday my love!

I say as I run up and hug her.

Amelia: Did you guys all plan this for me?
Jay: Yeah but, Lloyd got nervous that today wasn't going to be your perfect day.
Woody: First, Kai and now you. Do you guys' parents ever teach you respect?
Jay: Of course they did. Why?
Woody: I was just wondering.
Lloyd: Nervous or not, I did all of this for you, Amy.
Amelia: Aw, Lloyd, you're so sweet.
Lloyd: I'm glad you think I am because I brought you these!

I say as I hand her a bouquet of pink cherry blossoms. 🌸

Amelia: Oh, Lloyd, these are so beautiful. I love you so much!
Lloyd: I love you too, bae.

I tell her as I grab her by the waist and pin her to the wall with an evil grin on my face.

Amelia: Must you always pin me against the wall and have an evil look on your face.
Lloyd: I only do it because I love you and that you're beautiful too.
Amelia: Lloyd, I beg you just please don't take our relationship too far.
Lloyd: Don't worry, Amy. I won't do anything to make you uncomfortable. Now, stop talking and kiss me.
Amelia: As you wish, Lloyd Garmadon.