Chapter Four.

Começar do início

            "I'm going to get you out of this, okay?"

            Rayner only nodded, his eyes half open as they came in contact with mine. I screamed out as I tried to lift the beam with every ounce of strength I had left in me. The beam didn't move an inch as I let out a scream in agony. I wasn't strong enough. Another explosion went off behind me as I fell to the ground. My body was in shock, more pain running through it than I had ever experienced in my life. My ears rang as I steadied myself back onto two legs. Rayner coughed out blood as his eyes fell on me. He was growing weaker and weaker by the second, the fire closing in on us.

            "G-Go."

            That was the only word that fell from his lips as his eyes closed. I shook my head in denial, as I closed my eyes. He isn't going to die here. I felt my hands warm as the beam lifted completely off of Rayner, flying far away from sight. Rayner's wounds instantly healed as he coughed, his eyes popping open. The relied that ran through me was unexplainable in this moment. I lifted him from the ground, pulling his arm over my shoulder.

            "M-My sister is a badass."

            He half smiled as I led us toward the elevators. Blood was pouring from his head, already healing with every step we took. Rayner was regaining his strength with every second as Aphelia ran to us. I threw my arms around her, as I stared at the burn marks running up her arms.

            "Your arms."

            I gasped, pulling them to me. Aphelia shook her head pulling them out of my grasp.

            "I'm fine, and so is Graizen. He went back for you."

            Of course he did.

            "I'm going back."

            I started to take off running before a strong arm stopped me. My breath caught in my chest as I stared at the arms in betrayal. Ryker appeared at my side, as he dragged me back toward the elevators. I pounded at his chest as Rayner and Aphelia grabbed my arms, pulling me into the doors. My legs flailed in the air as I used all of my strength to run back to the city. Graizen is still there, and he's searching for me.

            "Let me go!" I clawed at their arms, tears falling from my face. "I can't leave him!"

            Don't do this to me. Don't make me leave him.

            "Keep my girls safe, Rayner." Ryker in informed Rayner as the doors began to close.

            No.

            "Wait!"

            Aphelia stuck her hand through the door, as she pulled Ryker by the collar. She smashed her lips against his, as they shared a kiss full of passion between them. Tears fell from her face as she pulled away. Rayner didn't let go of me as I continued to fight against him.

            "I love you, Ryker."

            "I love you. I'll see you on the outside?" Ryker kissed her once last time before the doors closed.

            "Dammit!" I pounded my fists against the silver doors, as the elevator started to move. My mind felt as if I were going insane in this moment. I left him. I left Graizen. I slid down to my knees, holding my head in my hands. I couldn't control my breathing as I stared at the floor in front of me. This isn't happening. This isn't real. Every single moment felt worse than the next. Graizen is still down there, and he isn't going to leave until he finds me. Yet here I am, about to be safely above ground.