Mer!Optimus Prime x Fighting fish Reader

"Knockout!"

"..."

"Knockout......!"

"..."

No answer still. This was the 5th time he's done this. The beautiful fighting fish like mer huffed. She should've known that he'd say things and not mean it.

"You know what Knockout? I give up. You win. You win this stupid game." She rested her arms on her frilled head, gently pushing the frill down. She waited, she felt the water shift, but no words. (Y/n) gritted her fanged jaw in annoyance and frustration.

"Fine, I'll go for a swim myself! Since you can't be bothered to come out because the water may 'injure your scales." She huffed again, her once beautiful deep blues turning into deep reds. She flicked her tail at his room and swam out of the cave they shared. Her brilliant fins following behind her.

As she swam out their area, (y/n) nodded towards the silent ray that was called Soundwave and continued on to her own desired location. (Y/n) wanted to to get away from everything. She had, had it with being treated like an object and with being ignored.

Her small, yet flashy colors have attracted mates before. So finding a mer to swim with wouldn't be too troublesome. Maybe even find a better love interest, since Knockout seems to be too busy.

_____

(Y/n) had found herself resting on a rock in the coral gardens in the friendly side of the ocean. More bored than swimming with others. She laid on it, resting her head on her arm and the other hand drawing lines in the sand.

She had been unlucky with finding someone to swim with. Her longer and more colored fins had made others think she was a male. And with her species' males, it was scary to encounter one.

"Hmff" (y/n) huffed, a sad look in her eyes. Her fins were droopy with her feelings of being alone. The blue fish looked up when a voice spoke.

"Are you alright? You look hurt." The mer was big, but not like a while. More like a leading type of mer. Her was muscular with adorable wire markings. His head fins perked up and smiled when she looked at him.

"I'm alright, just lonely is all." She looked back down and continued to draw in the sand. There was room on the rock she was on, so he took this opportunity to stay with her and keep the beautiful mer company. She looked at him, but didn't complain. But rather, (y/n) was happy that someone wanted to join her.

"The gardens are beautiful, isn't it." The male spoke, breaking the silence while looking around. His light blue eyes resting back on her.

"Mhmm~" She smiles a little, finding his attempt as conversation cute. "It's why I came here. Also for the silence."

"I agree. Though having someone to be with here is always a nice sight." He responded.

"You know how to make a femme feel better." (Y/n) chuckled and laid her head on his shoulder. She sighed.

"I'm glad that you are feeling better. Though I have yet to know your name." The strong  mer noted.

"Same for you." (Y/n) sneered playfully, her fin's colors fading into light pinks and light blues.

"That you are right. Optimus Prime."

"(Y/n)"

——————————————-
This part under here was supposed to be apart of the story. This story was meant to be a Jealous Mer Knockout x Mer reader x Optimus. But found it better with just Optimus x reader. It was changed to suit that pairing, but then couldn't find a place to put it. So here's it is a a little treat of what may have.
——————————-
(this is not apart of the story, but if you do want to think it is. Think of it as a week later and they are swimming through the Coral Gardens.)

"You are so knowable Optimus, it's fascinating." The fighting fish met flirted. She had managed to get the big mer away from everyone and alone with her.

"I accept the compliment, (y/n). You are interesting as well. I've always wanted to know how a mer like yourself can survive out here." He asked her, not minding that she was touching his arm.

"Well, you see. I take after a fish that is both beautiful and dangerous. Males mostly, they are aggressive towards others. More so in the presence of a female." (Y/n) explained. Optimus hummed, very much intrigued by her words.

They continued to talk the hours away, slowly swimming through coral gardens and overall having a good time.

The two mers laughed suddenly, the both of them smiling afterwards. -

"You're a lovely mer, Optimus. I'm surprised you don't have a mate. How come?" It was clear that (y/n) was looking for a new mate. She had her hands on his chest now, the blue n' red male had his hands on her hips. Their faces almost close together.